PDA

View Full Version : I found these neat glass ornaments at ACMoore for 70 cents each

iloveflipflops
11-09-2006, 12:39 PM
and I am going to stamp the infamous Santa on them. I hope they work. I am going to do it right now before i put the ornaments away. They are flat so they should stamp easy since I am using stayzon right???

i will post a photo IF they come out.

iloveflipflops
11-09-2006, 01:10 PM
They aren't drying and they just smear right off...

I will keep trying ...

MidwestStamper
11-09-2006, 02:07 PM
Interesting--I thought that Staz-on worked on glass? Maybe these are coated with something...try some light sanding on them?

teabear
11-09-2006, 02:48 PM
Try washing them with soapy water and rinse with a little vinegar & water. That should get the clean enough to accept the ink. If all else fails, try alcohol inks first to get a base, then stamp them.

iloveflipflops
11-09-2006, 03:18 PM
First I washed it with soap and water, then dried it with some vinegar and water.. Tried the stayzon ink and it wiped off again (after waiting a few minutes).

Then I did some alcohol inks - I used butterscotch and cranberry and then let that dry (a few seconds) and then stamped Santa again and dried him with my heat gun.

That worked but now I have a PINK Santa and its hard to tell that's what he is.... ha ha

At least it isn't smearing now...

workin4stamps
11-09-2006, 03:33 PM
I'm thinking that maybe you need to let them dry more than what you are. I would try one and let it sit overnight.

Traci

teabear
11-09-2006, 03:53 PM
Sorry you have a pink Santa! It sounds like you are getting closer....maybe longer drying time is the trick. Are you gonna post the pink Santa so we can see him? :)

Erin K
11-09-2006, 04:05 PM
Well if he doesn't work out I've seen a cute thing where you put a few drops of alcohol ink INSIDE the glass ball and then move it around in there by turning the ball and it makes it all pretty, then you can put glitter on the outside ifyou want or just leave it all colorful and pretty.

good luck, we all want to see Santa Ornaments