PDA

View Full Version : OK ? Does embossing powder go bad?

Jadyeebugsaunt
05-03-2007, 03:52 PM
The reason that I ask is that I was trying to emboss some images the other night with my black EP ( Which I have used in like 9 months) and it wouldn't puff up it just melted! I know I heated it enough because I once even started to turn the paper brown. I tried it like 6 different times same results and I used the paper that I have always used so I don't believe thats it either. So doesit or the ink go bad ? or is it me? Any help would be apprieciated!

stampcrazyjulie
05-03-2007, 04:05 PM
Hmmm....I sure hope it doesn't go bad! I have several containers that are 5+ years old! I haven't heard anything about it going bad before. I hope somebody else has a better answer so I will know too! :)

moosemama
05-03-2007, 04:07 PM
Mindy, I have had the same problem at times. I wondered if it was my embossing pad or the powder, but I have 2 embossing pads and it seemed to happen to both, but then other times I have used my Embossing powder and it doesn't happen. I wonder if the humidity does it. I keep my EP in the original jar and in a drawer out of sunlight, plus, I know there are other places way more humid than ohio.

Christie
05-03-2007, 04:20 PM
So far I haven't had this problem. I hope it doesn't go bad, as much as it costs it should last forever!

Patty
05-03-2007, 04:51 PM
Gosh I hope not! Of course I have a couple of IRIS drawers full--and had to buy it in so many colors--holy cow!!!

prdesigns
05-03-2007, 06:19 PM
I have a lot of 'old' stuff.... I haven't noticed any problems... yet!

firefly
05-03-2007, 07:10 PM
I've run into this occasionally and I think it's the paper. It's like the paper absorbs the EP.

Nadine
05-03-2007, 07:29 PM
I agree with Erin, it's probably the paper. For those of you who live in high humidity areas and don't want your embossing powder to clump in the jar, here's a little tip. You know those silicone packets that come in shoe boxes and sometimes leather purses? You can put those in with your embossing powder and they'll absorb any humidity.

JBgreendawn
05-03-2007, 08:12 PM
I don't know if it goes bad,
but some products are really better then others.

I don't have good luck with any of the generic stuff they sell at Joann's and because of that i have never tried the generics at other stores...

I also have problems with some of mine "smearing" color if you rub your finger over it after you melt it. (stampendous stamp it ones in dark colors like claret)

I guess i would try it on some different paper and see what happens before you toss the jar.

hth,