PDA

View Full Version : Has anyone ordered flowers online and if so, from where?

iloveflipflops
05-03-2007, 04:28 PM
I want to order my MIL some flowers for Mother's Day :)

inkinupstamps
05-03-2007, 04:36 PM
I've ordered from Hallmark as well as local florists (I'm a far way away from my momma so I have to use online ordering.

Hallmark was fabulous last year and the flowers arrived to her drop dead gorgeous. But I am also a fan of using a local florist (FTD will find a florist in your momma's area.)

Thanks for the reminder as I want to have something delivered to mom. Can you believe I asked Paul yesterday about sending his mom flowers and he said, "Just send her a pretty card of yours!" COME ON! Everyone loves fresh flowers, right?

HTH

Jennifer

Erin K
05-03-2007, 04:41 PM
I've used 1800flowers.com and they were great, I got to see lots and pick and they delivered it was perfect. I picked a huge spray of tiny roses for my stepmom the first year she was my stepmom (after she married my dad I mean) she loved them. I love flowers.

jewele803
05-03-2007, 04:46 PM
I'm a fan of proflowers. I've used them many times ALWAYS with great results! I ordered them up for my mom today:)

lisaguyon
05-03-2007, 04:49 PM
I always look for a florist in the area I am sending them too. Have always had good luck with it and it saves a few $$$ too. Lisa

kerry
05-03-2007, 05:04 PM
I order through 1800 flowers or even FTD online. With FTD, I order things for my mom and dad and they always come looking exactly like what I selected on the internet.

Kerry

My3Ds
05-03-2007, 05:32 PM
In honor of the new release - you can try Martha's Flowers. I bet they are beautiful.

midnitecreations
05-03-2007, 05:42 PM
I've ordered from 1-800 flowers. They were good, but I didn't like paying all the extra service/wire charges. I found local florists and call them directly. They're always friendly, and you can talk to a person there and tell them exactly what you want. I've never had bad results regardless of who I called locally.

hbpuppy
05-03-2007, 06:40 PM
Hi Sherri. I just ordered some flowers from proflowers.com the other day for my step mum who had surgery tuesday. They were shipped the next day (I had to pay a little extra for that) via fed ex and I got a message when they were shipped and when they were delivered. I haven't talked to my step mum yet to see if she enjoyed them. They are having some mother's day specials. There's also 1800flowers.com, marthaflowers.com, ftd.com and a few others. I just liked the proflowers bouquets the best for the price and the fact that they delivered next day. I also got the free vase.

workin4stamps
05-03-2007, 07:29 PM
I worked in a flower shop at one time, and it is way cheaper to find a good florist in the area, and just call them directly over the phone. Plus you can tell them exactly what you want, and know that's what you're getting. A lot of times when the shops get these "wires", if they don't have those particular flowers or that arrangement or whatever, they will just make something totally different. If you know of someone else that lives in her area that could recommend a good florist there, I would call them directly. You can pay with your CC over the phone, and it will probably save you some $$$.

:-)
Traci

mahodgman
05-03-2007, 07:38 PM
I have used a couple of different on line sources in the past, but I too prefer to call a florist directly. Just use the on-line yellow pages to find one, and then call. You can ask what flowers they have in the shop right then. You can also save big bucks if you just have them deliver a boquet of flowers and let the recipient use their own vase. Most of us have way too many vases laying around anyway.

tesschap
05-03-2007, 07:47 PM
I ususally find an FTD florist in the area where I want the delivery and contact them directly. I can tell you that I was the recepient of a dozen yellow roses a few years ago from 1800flowers. They were beautiful (and very expensive) but only lasted a couple of days. I also won a beautiful bouquet of roses in a vase from Martha when she first started peddling flowers. They were absolutely gorgeous. They arrived a few days before we left for our FL Christmas holiday. We were gone for 17 days and more than half of them were still pretty when we returned.

Victorianrose
05-03-2007, 11:00 PM
Sherri,
From one who has worked in a floral shop. It is much cheaper to go direct. I "ditto" the comments above. Look for a florist close by through the yellow pages.com You'll save $$ and get personal attention. Order early! Good Luck!

spredbirds
05-03-2007, 11:23 PM
1-800-Flowers are pretty good.

-Chelsea