PDA

View Full Version : Ok tell me is there a trick to using a brayer?

Jadyeebugsaunt
11-09-2006, 01:40 PM
When I was working with Sherry's santa I was trying to use a brayer as she suggested , both in the Brillance and also in the Versa-fine. I couldn't get full coverage of the ink at all. I ended up just taking the ink and going directly on the stamp, which worked fine, but I was just wondering if there a trick to using the brayer or if it was just me?

GrammaStamper
11-09-2006, 02:31 PM
Mindy, I didn't find it that much different. In fact, I liked just inking the stamp much better. So, you are not alone. If there's a trick, I don't know it!!!

laos348
11-09-2006, 05:19 PM
I've never been good at using the brayer for larger stamps. I just ink them up with the stamp pad.

Laura

lost luggage
11-09-2006, 05:51 PM
I used my brayer to get the image onto the paper...not the ink onto the image. For example, on large stamps, I ink them up, carefully - CAREFULLY lay the cardstock on top of the image and then roll over it.

I tired inking that puppy up and didn't get what I wanted.. I was under the impression that it would be like a paint roller, but duh, a paint roller is nice and fluffy...brayer- not so much.

Far North
11-10-2006, 09:56 PM
I use the brayer when I have a full size background stamp. Mostly cause the edges of the pad get in the way of fulling covering when stamping direct on the pad. I roll the ink onto the brayer and cover the stamp usually in both directions. Often you can look from the side of the stamp to see if the image is completly covered with ink. I place the paper on the face-up inked stamp and rub with the rounded inkpad case. Lift paper straight-up.
Just my way...Jan