PDA

View Full Version : Well I decided on my projects for my TAC party

Erin K
11-09-2006, 04:12 PM
We are gonna do a card with the crayon resist and make magnets with dominoes. I got all the junk today and to make 20 magnets was only $10 in junk and I got the really strong magnets too. So that's a deal. I have tons of glossy cardstock and other stuff to make the cards with.

I'm pretty happy with those for projects, I tend to get too much going on so I'm cutting myself off at two things.

I was at the pool store and they had coasters that looked JUST LIKE those tumbled tile coasters yall have been making and a 4 pack was going for $14.99. You all should sell those at the craft fair.

suzi_f
11-09-2006, 07:18 PM
I'm not sure as I've never made the dominoes but, I've heard that you have to remove the laquer off them before you stamp. Maybe that's only if you are NOT using stayzon. I think my SU rep said something about soaking them in a bleach solution?

iloveflipflops
11-09-2006, 07:20 PM
Is it tonight or next Thursday night? I forgot.

lost luggage
11-09-2006, 07:22 PM
I'm not sure as I've never made the dominoes but, I've heard that you have to remove the laquer off them before you stamp. Maybe that's only if you are NOT using stayzon. I think my SU rep said something about soaking them in a bleach solution?

Can't you just sand them?

Someone explain the dominos to me (not the pizza place).... what are they for again? I need a quick refresher.

suzi_f
11-09-2006, 07:38 PM
I've never done anything to them, hence not knowing if the need to be "fixed" before working w/them. I have no idea if sanding would work. I just remember my rep getting worked up about treating them. She did make pins out of them.

lost luggage
11-09-2006, 07:53 PM
Are dominos cheap? Where do you guys get them?

stampcrazyjulie
11-09-2006, 11:31 PM
You can get the Dominoes at just about any Retail Store like Wal-Mart in the Board Game?Toy Section. They are just regualar old Dominoes....

I have never sanded my Dominoes before using them...I have used Staz-On & Alcohol Inks on them.

Erin.... You better post your finished godies for us...somewhere! Sounds like a whole lot of fun! :)

Erin K
11-10-2006, 12:33 AM
hmm I didn't know about preping them? I'm gonna ask Jennifer, she made me one and that's what got me thinking of the whole thing. Whatever she did I'm gonna do too!

megalega
11-10-2006, 12:40 AM
Sounds like fun Erin! Have a blast!

Megan