PDA

View Full Version : Poll--what do you like about...

Far North
05-05-2007, 02:41 PM
STAMPING?
We all have choices of what hobbies and interests we pursue...and there is good chance this is not the first or only hand craft that interests you. So what is it about stamping that you enjoy?
Thanks for sharing!...Jan

For me I have always loved paper...and paper crafting. I enjoy colors. Stamping gives me the opportunity to be creative with materials I enjoy.

Vintagegal
05-05-2007, 02:59 PM
For me, I think it's just the process of creating. Stamping gives me instant gratification. I can knock a card out in two minutes, if I really wanted to. And, last but not least, I LOVE the variety of stamp artwork available to stampers; and the techniques out there. I can use one rubber stamp with regular dye ink; with perfect medium and perfect pearls; to make an impression on melted UTEE...the possiblities are endless.

ellie
05-05-2007, 03:25 PM
I like the process of being creative too. I love to color and cut paper, I also like instant gratification. I find it very relaxing and in the end, you can send your creation to someone and make them feel good too.

ccstampin12
05-05-2007, 03:31 PM
we've loved in the past...I think the only thing I never tried are counted cross-stitch and quilting.
I won't go into the long list as that wasn't your question.
I love stamping because it's different every time. One stamp can be many things. (So I guess, with that theory, I shouldn't need so many stamps???):worried:
I love that I can take a challenge and make it just for me, and then, compare how others have used the same stamp....Whoa...never thought of that!!! LOL
I love that I can take an idea from something I've seen and change it around and do an entirely different item!
I guess that's enough...can you tell? I LOVE stamping!
LOL
Joanie:) :nod:

directmailscrapper
05-05-2007, 03:33 PM
I can't draw. With stamping, I can be creative without being able to draw! I love to color -- and I can handle shading.

I really enjoy scrapbooking, but I don't have time. With stamping and card making, I can stamp a few images one nite, color the next, matte another nite and assemble on yet another nite -- if I have to! Scrapbooking requires planning and it's a pain if you can't finish what you start.

I like sharing cards!

directmailscrapper
05-05-2007, 03:36 PM
As far as what I used to do:

When I was out of college, I actually started a counted cross stitch catalog! This was back in the 1970s when those supplies were hard to find and counted cross stitch was all the rage. Again -- I could create beautiful art without being able to draw!

Then I got into quilting. I still would like to quilt -- again - no time. I only like to machine piece and I like the Quilt In A Day types of quilts -- even if they take me a lot longer than a day! My girlfriend and I call them Quilt in a Lifetime projects, because we have several that aren't complete!

prdesigns
05-05-2007, 03:37 PM
What I like about stamping is all the tips and techniques that have been designed to help be creative. I can draw, and all the stamping stuff out there helps me to be a better creative person. I also like the instant gratification ... and I've done a lot of different types of crafts.

hbpuppy
05-05-2007, 03:43 PM
I like stamping because it's really easy just ink and press. I can't draw to save my life so I like finding stamps that are my style and creating with them. The rest of cardmaking comes in creative bursts for me. Sometimes I have it, sometimes I don't. I like the friends I've made through stamping and cardmaking. If it wasn't for the friendships, I probably wouldn't do as much.

firefly
05-05-2007, 04:13 PM
I too can't draw worth a lick so stamping images is my way of creating art! Also the instant gratification is great motivation for me. Who amongst us doesn't have a closet full of unfinished sewing, quilting, cross stitch, ... projects? LOL

Sally

spredbirds
05-05-2007, 04:24 PM
I like trying new things and new techniques. - Chelsea

JBgreendawn
05-05-2007, 05:26 PM
Who amongst us doesn't have a closet full of unfinished sewing, quilting, cross stitch, ... projects? LOL
Not I :)

Pretty much the same things everyone else has already mentioned.

I had thought my "creating" days were over when i wrecked my wrist. and so when found out you could just set the stamp on the paper and use your body weight (of which i have my own share and then some) i was like oh wow a whole new world opened up for me.
I mostly stamp upside down nowadays but, its still something that i can do myself. and its an easy thing to share with other people to. I think probably because in the back of your mind everyone has that coloring in color books memory to fall back on.

teabear
05-05-2007, 05:50 PM
Interesting question, Jan. I love that I can make art even though I never considered myself to be an artistic person. I love working in a small area to create something beautiful to share with a friend. I love looking at my stamp wall and dreaming up my next design. I love the feel of the stamp in my hand. I love that I can complete a whole project in a relatively short amount of time. I love getting a great bargain on something I can use for stamping, too!

inkinupstamps
05-05-2007, 05:55 PM
I frequently laugh and say I could have saved myself years at University and have just graduated from Kindergarten because I LOVE, Love, Love to cut, color, STAMP and use glitter (embellish).

I started out strictly as a seamstress and with the same enthusiasm as I now have with stamping. I sewed, altered, did cross stitch and crewel work. I love to sew. Now that I am so head over heals in love with stamping I've found many ways to incorporate stamping with sewing. And, for those who love to cross stitch there are some wonderful books that incorporate stamping and cross stitch.

I love stamping because I love to color. Also, I love seeing my stamps. That is why I prefer wood mounted. When I look at the sea of stamps all around my room I'm inspired by the visual of the outline and deciding for myself how I'll create a new look to the line of the rubber.

Jennifer :)

dreis1
05-05-2007, 06:04 PM
I have always wanted to draw since a child. The only lessons I have ever taken are tole painting lessons. This brings out the artist in me. I call myself a "Rubber Artist". I have always like to make things. And, I also have tons of fabric and a weonderful embroidery machine. I got very sick in Feb of 04, and haven't done any sewing since. Makes me too nervous to think about it. Anyway, I like stamping because I can start a project and get it done quickly. Don't have to pick it up and put it down again and again. Glinda

Kreative Dryve
05-05-2007, 07:28 PM
I come from a long line of crafters and artists. My mom used to own a craft store, and she passed all of her interests down to me. I learned how to sew very early in life, and that is where my mail focus used to be. I have always sewed, painted, and crafted, so it was natural for me to gravitate towards papercrafts. I only sew occasionally now, I still paint a lot, but I make cards mostly now.
It is easy, and I can incorporate my other interests into this hobby.
~MJ

Patty
05-05-2007, 08:09 PM
I like creating--each one is an original. I also like the fact that it is "quick" compared to my other hobbies--knitting, quilting, and scrapping. The only thing I don't like about it is that I have to keep going back to work each day first.!!

loobylou
05-05-2007, 08:37 PM
I like that I can finish a project relatively quickly compared to other crafts. I love that every card I make I am giving a little piece of me, and that I can bring joy to so many people with a simple gesture. Cards are a celebration of my friendship for others and that makes it very special to me.
Sarah

Spartymom
05-05-2007, 08:40 PM
What I like about stamping is it's easier to do than scrapbooking! You work on a smaller 'canvas' than a scrapbook page.You don't have to layout and crop your photos with stamping cards. I've improved alot since seeing the gallery at the Shack,and I'm really starting to like this more.

micemom
05-05-2007, 11:21 PM
Stamping to me is a great stress reducer. I am a paperhog, I love paper all kinds. When I come home and I can look at a stamp and go wow I know what I can do and then when the card comes out really nice I can't believe I made it and gosh it looks great. Its a great way to give yourself a pat on the back. I also paint, cross stitch and sew dolls and animals.

Jean