PDA

View Full Version : When you color the House Mouse images...

1of2shoes
05-06-2007, 01:59 PM
do you color them any particular way? I mean do you just choose to color them gray or brown or ?? I guess I am too weird about it because I need to know what mouse is what: Mudpie, Amanda, etc. and then color them their own color. The HM website tells you what color each mouse is supposed to be and how to tell each mouse apart. I didn't know that, did you? I know the side of the stamp tells you which mouse is on the stamp, but I didn't know that they had their own colors!

I'm sorry to go on about this. I stupidly drank a Red Bull with dinner last night and I was up until 3am coloring mice. :wub:

inkinupstamps
05-06-2007, 02:25 PM
I color my mice to suit the image and bg paper. If there is more than one mouse on the image I do them different colors, but if there is just one mouse I tend to make it tan-ish with golden brown highlights.

hutchink
05-06-2007, 02:50 PM
Being a HM lover....I did know that, but I usually color then the way I want because I can...te he he!

~K

Erin K
05-06-2007, 03:30 PM
I just do whatever I want. I thought about doing them the way they say but I don't.

I don't have any HM anymore. :) Sold them all.

Tantalize
05-06-2007, 07:40 PM
LOL. Oh Debbie, you always crack me up... I should have come on chatting with you, I was up til 2:30am.

I understand your dilemma, as I am a stickler too about characters being "their right" colours. I think when I started to learn to colour "in the lines," this habit came along with it too.

stampcrazyjulie
05-06-2007, 09:15 PM
LOL! You are too funny, Debbie! :) I sure hope that you got a nap today! :) I did not know about the different colors either! Thank you for letting us know! It's a good thing I don't like those Energy Drinks or I would probably be up for several nights myself! :)

dreis1
05-07-2007, 09:37 AM
The site www.hmstamps.com has a tutorial about coloring the mice on this web site. This is where I get my HM stamps online, plus he gives a 20% discount on all stampabilities stamps. Great site. Glinda

tesschap
05-07-2007, 09:58 AM
I did not know this! I guess I need to read up on HM's as I have recently fell in love with them :)

ctinyjoy
05-07-2007, 10:05 AM
I have recently found the HM website (thanks to Tojocco aka Joanne). He is a great guy to work with and ships quickly. Much much faster than the Maxwell's site. Any who, I have attempted to color mine the color of mice brown and gray. I still need practice blending my prisma pencils.

emmcee
05-07-2007, 11:04 AM
I knew they were different colors, but I just color my mice mostly brownish tannish. Their little faces are so sweet, I just love them, but they are all the same color....:eek:

Tantalize
05-07-2007, 12:50 PM
where is that exact link to colour the HMs?? I want to find it in case I ever come across to buying a HM stamp. Shh you! No, I dont own any..... yet. lol

1of2shoes
05-07-2007, 01:52 PM
Here's the link I found:
http://www.house-mouse.com/php/amanda.php

Patty
05-07-2007, 04:09 PM
It never occurred to me to color them any other color but tan or gray (grey?)--I'll have to dig mine out and play with them all over again!!!:huh: Patt

kerry
05-07-2007, 08:00 PM
There is also one on the HM site. The stamp designer herself posted a tutorial about two or three years ago because there was such a big call for them. She even posts the colors she uses. She lists turpenoid, but you can also use odorless mineral spirits or Gamsol or even baby oil.

http://www.house-mouse.com/php/howtocolor.php

Kerry

Jovi
05-16-2007, 09:48 AM
I usually color all my HM mice brown, peach and a touch of pink. Every once in a while I would color one gray or a lighter shade of brown. I use Prismacolor Pencils blended with Gamsol.

I tried in the past to color them their “actual” color, that didn’t work out too great. I couldn’t remember which mouse was which and what color belonged to who… I should have made a chart! :err:

dini
05-20-2007, 07:50 AM
Hi Jovi! Sounds like the way I color mine. Usually always tannish-brownish with peach feet and tails, and a little blushed cheek.

GSMom385
05-20-2007, 02:36 PM
learn something new everyday, Who knew?!? They had names and colors. I just color them to match my mood and paper at the time and recently became a collector of the stamps.