PDA

View Full Version : omg! closing tonight!!

shuggy
05-07-2007, 06:08 PM
ACK!!!! we are closing tonight instead of tomorrow!!:err:

i'm so nervous!!!!

any last minute advice??? i'm going to be homeowner in about 4 hours!!!! kerry owns our townhouse, but this new one is in both our names!!!

do you know what that means???? it's like it's all official and everything (without the ring and stuff!) we will actually own something together!!

holy cow!!!!:swoon:

Vintagegal
05-07-2007, 06:12 PM
Just make sure you go over every item on the addendum and that it meets your standards to your satisfaction. Good luck new homeowner!

MidwestStamper
05-07-2007, 06:34 PM
Be prepared to write your name a LOT of times! LOL! My "official" name is hyphenated, so it's pretty long!

Christie
05-07-2007, 06:35 PM
I was a nervous wreck too! Just make sure you understand everything they tell you and don't sign it until you do. You should have your realtor go along, they can help you to understand everything and will know when to ask questions. Make you get copies of all the papers you sign as well. Good Luck and Congrats!!!!!

buggainok
05-07-2007, 07:20 PM
That is so exciting. You are opening the door to a new stage of your life!

PS. Our last house closing when we moved here went great......except, the owner's little two-year old boy had thrown the garage remote control out the car window on the highway on the way to the closing!!!

teabear
05-07-2007, 07:23 PM
Well, girl, where the heck is the ring? LOL!

Sherry
05-07-2007, 07:27 PM
Congratulations Angie!!!! It's so exciting! Get a bottle of bubbly to celebrate :)

suzi_f
05-07-2007, 07:28 PM
I held up closing on our first house 'cause I didn't understand the escrow'ed amounts. I understood what the escrow was and all, just the amounts they were quoting didn't make any sense. I couldn't make them understand my question and everyone else was cool w/it so I finally gave in. But, I STILL don't understand where they pulled the numbers out of. After all the fun my SIL & another friend are having getting ready to move (my sil is moving w/4 kids under the age of 10 and my bro is already in their new town. The friend had the house apprasied for like 10000 LESS than what the asking price was & somehow they are still gonna be stuck buying the house) I am going to stay here forever. They can bury me in the moat in the backyard!

Spartymom
05-07-2007, 07:44 PM
Just relax and be prepared to write your name alot. Very exciting time for you. Do you get immediate occupancy? Good luck.

JBgreendawn
05-07-2007, 07:45 PM
Congratulations!!!

( How soon do you guys get the keys?)

iloveflipflops
05-07-2007, 08:13 PM
WOO HOO!!! This is soooooooo exciting!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Is Thursday your official move in date? When can I send something to your new address?!??!? HINT HINT HINT!

My3Ds
05-07-2007, 09:44 PM
How exciting for you both. Post pics of the new house so we can see :) Enjoy it.

stampcrazyjulie
05-07-2007, 09:47 PM
Woo Hoo! I am so excited....and nervous for you! You are one lucky Gal! :)

shuggy
05-07-2007, 10:32 PM
slight snafuu tonight. we ended up not closing on our new house because the bank didn't get the docs together in time. so we will close on the new house tomorrow as origonanlly scheduled. but we did close on the sell of our house. so that is out of the way.

we did go do the final walk through and it looks so good!! i am absolutely so excited i cant stand it. i don't know how i'm going to sleep tonight or the next two nights!

if all goes as planned we will get keys on thursday morning and that is the day we are moving. YEA!!!!!!!!!

ps julie, i love your avatar! it's my fav flower!!

hutchink
05-07-2007, 10:44 PM
YIPPEE! I'm so excited for you Angie!

~K

tesschap
05-08-2007, 07:51 AM
How exciting. Congratulations.

ccstampin12
05-08-2007, 07:57 AM
I'm so excited and happy for you! I know you will love your new home, and with all the helpers you have, you will be settled in in no time, and back to stamping and Shacking soon!
Happy Happy!
Joanie