PDA

View Full Version : chalk stamp damaged acrylic stamps

CallyCreations
11-09-2006, 07:55 PM
:eek: anyone know how to get the black chalk ink off the acrylic stamps? it dyed my stamp black and cannot get it off. saw you talking about oil and goo gone, but afraid to try anything. anyone, anyone????

mahodgman
11-09-2006, 08:09 PM
All of my acrylic stamps are stained. I don't think I've used any chalk ink on them, but any ink will stain them. They aren't damaged, just discolored, don't worry. I wouldn't use any kind of cleaner on them except stamp cleaner!

inkinupstamps
11-09-2006, 08:46 PM
With my acrylic stamps, though, I frequently soak them in some dish detergent. They really aren't stained at all. The wood mount stamps are a different story, but I've not had too much difficulty with my acrylic stamps. Don't worry though! As Mary says, staining won't hurt them! :)

ngreek
11-10-2006, 02:03 PM
I can not remeber in what magazine I read it in or if it was on some message board. People were saying they found a like battery operated dish cleaning worked for cleaning the stamps. All I remeber is it was blue and white. I will try and see where I found it.
Nicole :)

Alli
11-10-2006, 05:13 PM
Just wash it in your washing up bowl with a gentle toothbrush and some dish soap. If it doesn't come off try some Stazon cleaner. But acrylic stamps do stain more than rubber and it doesn't effect their quality!