PDA

View Full Version : My health insurance dilemma continues ... if you are interested ...

iloveflipflops
05-10-2007, 03:06 PM
I called the dr office 2 days ago and have heard nothing back. I call again today and she tells me she was out of the office for 2 days so this explains why she did not call me back. She called the insurance company and they are OUT OF THE NETWORK but she can prove to them and me they are IN the network so she is going to work on that. My insurance company said they will get back to them 2-7 days. Well, hello ... I go to the hospital for my blood work next Friday. She said to keep it scheduled as it is and call her back Thurs to see if they made any headway. I hate the not knowing but for right now, i am going to plan on having it done with this dr. If for some odd reason, we cannot come to an agreement by that Friday, i will cancel it altogether and go see someone else... I mean I have had it my whole life, so what's another week? I am not going to forget about it just maybe delay it a week or so....

So that is my dilemma... What else can I do besides going to another dr that is IN my network right? And I really liked this dr so .... I will wait a week. :arghh:

teabear
05-10-2007, 03:13 PM
I can't even imagine how frustrated you must feel. So sorry you have to fight for this...just having the surgery should be enough stress.

moosemama
05-10-2007, 03:48 PM
What a pain in the Butt!! I hope that you are able to stay with the doctor you have, as it sounds like you are comfortable with her. Good luck!

tesschap
05-10-2007, 03:52 PM
Insurance companies are such a pain! I hope it works out for you so that you can get this over with soon.

lisaguyon
05-10-2007, 04:45 PM
Sorry you are going thru so much with this. SOunds like the doctors office may not have renewed their contract with your insurance company (oops). Lisa

ccstampin12
05-10-2007, 04:58 PM
Yeah, don't get me started on insurance!
So sorry you are in LIMBO with this issue!
Hope it gets ironed out soon!
Joanie

loobylou
05-10-2007, 06:29 PM
Surely there must be a central body that oversees this mess of a private health system? We have a free call number to ask questions like this and they send out confirming letters- Then you are covered.
I think you should ask your Dr for a letter stating that they are in the network. What a pain- hope you sort it out soon
Sarah

ellie
05-10-2007, 07:45 PM
Good grief...isn't it enough that you have this hanging over your head! I wish we could go back to the old days of paying the dr. with a cow or a chicken! (no humor intended Sherri) I just watched a Little House where someone gave Doc Baker 2 "laying hens" for his services. Life was so simple then.