PDA

View Full Version : So ... do you have big plans for Mother's Day?

iloveflipflops
05-10-2007, 09:10 PM
I don't. I hope I can just lay around all day and do nothing. that would be nice!!!

I always get breakfast in bed for my Mother's Day present. This is an especially nice treat considering DH DOES NOT COOK ANYTHING!! He always such a great job too but makes the biggest mess in the kitchen and I end up cleaning it up! LOL

Hmmm, what shall I request this year? More eggs? :)

tesschap
05-10-2007, 09:20 PM
I'm hoping to catch up on my laundry and ironing Saturday so I can be lazy and enjoy the day on Sunday. We're going to dinner with one of DH brothers (and family) and the inlaws on Sunday PM. We'll probably visit my mom in the morning. No really big plans - which I prefer :)

Spartymom
05-10-2007, 09:25 PM
I have no plans at all. The girls might go shopping with DH for something small for me. I bought some flats of flowers today and plan on putting those in flower pots. DH will probably cook dinner for me.

teabear
05-10-2007, 09:29 PM
Breakfast in bed on Sunday here, too. I absolutely love it...french toast with fresh berries and bacon on the side. mmmmm. Mom and her cousin are coming up on Saturday for brunch and a walk at the arboretum to see the dogwood blossoms...it's a tradition for us. We will also make a trip over to the quilt shop on the way.

Hubby asked me what I wanted for mother's day and I told him clean carpets. You remember Mabel, well she is older now, so it's time. He's cleaning the carpets tomorrow. What a great guy!

Firecracker
05-10-2007, 09:34 PM
We (dad, sis and I) are taking mom to lunch at MiMis. The whole family can agree on that. My dad has been planting for her and she will go and get more flowers on Saturday. We have a new outfit, purse, and the long metal chimes. She has wanted some for the garden. I hope everyone has a Happy Mother's Day. Hugs, Heather

midnitecreations
05-10-2007, 09:35 PM
Usually, I get the day off from all chores and cooking and DH cooks breakfast and we either order out from my fav. restaurant or go there to eat. This year, though, we'll be taking my mom out to eat (she's a 2 hr. drive). Can't wait.

My3Ds
05-10-2007, 09:41 PM
I get to spendthe day at the baseball field (4 yrs running). The boys usually get some plants for the window boxes and planters. How boring am I?

tojoco
05-10-2007, 09:53 PM
Since it's my DH's birthday on Mother's Day, we both agreed on an expensive restaurant to have an early dinner. Hopefully DS will get me a GC to a craft store.