PDA

View Full Version : Another no school day here for us.

iloveflipflops
11-10-2006, 08:27 AM
But its going to be a georgeous day with record highs near 80. WOO HOO!!

DH and i are hoping to get these 150 bulbs planted. The newspaper said we have 3 more weeks so today would be the perfect day to get it done. Then once Spring comes, the yard will look wonderful :).

Wish me luck on that... No crafting for me today. Oh well :(

Spartymom
11-10-2006, 08:35 AM
That's alot of work. Great that it's going to be nice. The pay off for planting will be awesome...Have a great day.
Kim

Erin K
11-10-2006, 09:28 AM
I have tons of comments on this post! hehe

Your kids never have school! It's crazy!

Your newspaper tells you when to plant things? Does mine? I don't really plant anything, so maybe I never noticed.

150 bulbs are gonna look great, what plants are they?

So your DH is off too? I guess because it's a Federal Holiday and he, working for the government as a spy and all, gets those off! hehe.

mydogstinks2
11-10-2006, 09:47 AM
are your kids ever in school? We never had as many days off as they do now. Or did we but because we were younger it felt like we were always at school!

teabear
11-10-2006, 10:49 AM
yahoo....off to the RSS and to drop DS off at a sleepover birthday party. I have about 30 daffodil bulbs to plant. You are my hero, Sherri. Your yard will look gorgeous!

lost luggage
11-10-2006, 11:01 AM
I think my area kids had yesterday and today off...Veterens day weekend or something.

Christie
11-10-2006, 11:02 AM
I bet your yard will be stunning in the spring. I hope you post pictures of it when it's in full bloom!! I love gardening and need to do some myself today.
What type of bulbs are you planting?

iloveflipflops
11-10-2006, 03:00 PM
We have the following to plant:

75 Narsissus (not sure on the spelling) and 75 daffodils

DH has been having to install a new fan in our room. Ours started smoking the other day so we had to literally toss it out. He had the connection all checked out and bought a new fan so that took several hours. I couldn't sleep good last night with no fan on. In the winter, i like it on low mainly for the little noise it makes.

While he did that, i cleaned my stamp room from top to bottom. Wow, what a mess I had!!!

suzi_f
11-10-2006, 03:24 PM
We have wonderful temps here but, the sky is very gray, no sun all day. I think we could be in for a very bad storm. Or, it could stay like this & just get VERY COLD for tomorrow. I wish I had the inclination to plant. I would rather spend my time here w/y'all. I want to put up white lites on my dusk to dawn light (to go w/the sparkly leave garland that's up already) but, that would mean leaving the computer.

Oh yeah, my dd had a 1/2 day yeseterday & is off today for a volleyball tourney or something like that.