PDA

View Full Version : More BLOG news!

Sherry
05-14-2007, 05:20 PM
Hiya guys,

As you know, there have been some changes regarding the posting of blogs/blog activities. To keep things running as smoothly as possible AND to keep everyone happy, we have decided to create a 'Blogger Group'. This group will be a private group which means that only members of this group will be able to see blog related posts. You must "join" the group before you will be allowed access to the 'Blog Your Heart Out' Forum and the Blog Directory. This change will allow the bloggers to continue on advertising and discussing their blogs and contests but will allow the board to remain "blog free" to those individuals who would rather not see such postings. This will make everyone happy, right??

Due to security reasons, your request to join the Blogger Group will have to be approved by a Group Leader. We have three wonderful volunteers to look after our Blog Group and they are:

Christie003d
Hutchink
Jadyeebugsaunt

If you would like to join the Blogger Group and get access to the 'Blog Your Heart Out' forum and the 'Blog Member Directory', here's how you do it.

Simply click on the 'User CP' link in the navigation menu and then scroll down to 'Group Memberships' and join the group. Then, wait for your membership to be approved. Once you are approved, you will see the 'Blog Your Heart Out Forum' within the 'Shack Talk' section of our forum list.

If anyone has any comments or questions, by all means, feel free to contact me or any other member of the Shack staff.

Cheers

loobylou
05-15-2007, 04:16 AM
does this mean that if I do join the Blogger group I will see blog postings when I click on "new posts"
But if I don't join the Blogger group I will not see blog postings when I click on "new posts"?
Just want to clarify
Sarah

Sherry
05-15-2007, 07:07 AM
Yep, that is correct :)

Trapedinga
05-15-2007, 07:35 AM
WOW
It's amazing how you keep coming up with all this stuff. :huh:
I'm so glad you found a way to keep everyone happy. This is pretty much my one stop all for checking out everything, I spend waaaaay to much time here, even though I don't post much.

Sherry, THANKS for all you do.:)

Erin K
05-15-2007, 08:55 AM
So if you are a person who loves blogging you can sign up for that group then just go on as we have? No new rules as long as we keep it right in the "blog you heart out" forum?

Christie
05-15-2007, 11:12 AM
So if you are a person who loves blogging you can sign up for that group then just go on as we have? No new rules as long as we keep it right in the "blog you heart out" forum?

I think so Erin. It's business as usual as long as it stays in the blog your heart out forum!

Erin K
05-15-2007, 11:27 AM
cool. Sherry always has the best solutions! :)

We love Sherry! We love Sherry! We love Sherry!

GrammaStamper
05-15-2007, 11:53 AM
Three cheers for Sherry! Hip Hip Hooray x3!!!

toao
05-16-2007, 01:51 PM
Thanks Sherry! I know I'm probably one of the guilty parties for redirecting to my blog page. Sorry! I thank you for your hard work and keeping us all in line...and happy with each other.

Mary

shuggy
05-16-2007, 04:56 PM
i guess i've missed out on the hub-bub. can someone fill me in??

Jovi
05-16-2007, 05:05 PM
i guess i've missed out on the hub-bub. can someone fill me in??

This thread (that Sherry posted yesterday) should get you all caught up ;)

A word about BLOGS (http://stamp-shack.com/forum/showthread.php?t=10439)

madebyme
05-17-2007, 07:37 AM
Can someone elaborate on this thread. I would like to join a blogging group. I love seeing what others are up to. There are some great ideas, tutorials, and shopping info. and reviews that are not always posted in a forum. I love to go "blogging"!

From someone who is very new to the Shack!

Sherry
05-17-2007, 08:16 AM
Can someone elaborate on this thread. I would like to join a blogging group. I love seeing what others are up to. There are some great ideas, tutorials, and shopping info. and reviews that are not always posted in a forum. I love to go "blogging"!

From someone who is very new to the Shack!

Hi there, Madebyme

If you would like to join the blog group, simply click on the 'User CP' link in the site navigation menu. Then, scroll down to 'Group Memberships'. There, you will see a listing for the Blogger Group. Join the group and wait for approval (everyone gets approved). Once you are approved, you will see a new forum called "Blog Your Heart Out" which will be located in the "Shack Talk" section of our forum. Within the Blog your heart out forum is also our blog directory which you can use to visit our user's stamping blogs.

Clear as mud? I hope this answers your question :)

Sherry

mahodgman
06-02-2007, 09:06 AM
I just checked my User CP, and I belong to the Blog group, but I don't see it on the list of forums. What am I missing?

Jovi
06-02-2007, 10:03 AM
I just checked my User CP, and I belong to the Blog group, but I don't see it on the list of forums. What am I missing?

Hi Mary ~ If you go to the forum page and scroll down to Shack Talk, you should see Blog Your Heart Out and Members Blogs listed there.

mahodgman
06-02-2007, 10:19 AM
That's just it, I don't see it.