PDA

View Full Version : OK gals I need help with a Christmas gift for my dad.

Jadyeebugsaunt
11-10-2006, 03:06 PM
I am going Christmas shopping tonight and I really hate to Christmas shop , I never like to, So I'm glad that we decided that we would put a limit on everybody we buy for and how much. Anyways, I have my mom done, my niece 1/2 done (shes easy) I know what im getting my sister but my dad I have no idea what to do hes a picky dresser and has no hobbies, one year he wanted a movie so I got it 2 years later it was still unopened. He really doesn't understand how much time it takes to make something so when hes like that nice and thats it it hurts my feelings. Do any of you have hard guys to buy for? if so what do you do ? or do you have any suggestions?

Erin K
11-10-2006, 03:10 PM
everyone hard gets frames pics of the kids. Give him a frames pic of your neice?

I have no other ideas, I stink out loud at guy gifts.

Spartymom
11-10-2006, 03:11 PM
of his favorite cheese and crackers or chocolates! Or you could make him a calendar of your family. Let us know what you decide. Kim

GrammaStamper
11-10-2006, 03:12 PM
How about a gift certificate? That way he can buy what he chooses. What about gift certificates to the movie theater (bet he doesn't go to movies, either), or may Starbucks has gift certificates. Up here in Canada, we have coffee shops called Tim Horton's and they are great. I use that sort of thing lots of times. Just my ideas. HTH,

tojoco
11-10-2006, 03:22 PM
Mindy, does he drive? How about a gas gift certificate. That's what I get all the teenage boys for Christmas and they love it. I have a couple of nieces that are driving age now too so I might get it for them too. Wow, my Christmas shopping may soon be over. LOL

Jadyeebugsaunt
11-10-2006, 03:25 PM
Thanks ladies keep them coming, you have some great ideas.
Thanks

suzi_f
11-10-2006, 03:32 PM
Mindy, I'm right there w/you girlfriend! My dad is IMPOSSIBLE!! He loves to tinker but that is his only hobby. Probalby the best gift I could give him is an old computer that may or may not work. My only salvation was Veggie Tales. He loved any clothing article w/those Veggies on them. Now, the local Christian Book store doesn't carry anymore Veggie apparel :( Now what??

emmcee
11-10-2006, 03:36 PM
Hi Mindi, does he like to go to Home Depot or Lowe's or one of those kinds of hardware stores? Don't know what you have in Ohio. Or Bass ProShop. Or does he like to go out to eat with friends or your mom? Maybe a gift card to someplace like Olive Garden or Outback. Just a few ideas.:confused:

Christie
11-10-2006, 03:39 PM
My father and mother in-law are both exactly like that. I like Erin's idea of a picture but maybe one of him and your mom toghether or one of you and him or one of him and his mom.

I've given this as a gift to my "stepdad" of him and his mother and he cried. It was very touching to see that it meant so much to him.

I think the gas card is a wonderful idea and I might have to use that one myself!

tojoco
11-10-2006, 03:41 PM
How about paying for a subscription to his local newspaper.

suzi_f
11-10-2006, 03:42 PM
Hmmm, I wonder if there are any pics of me & my dad. I like this idea. Plus, my parents had a Polaroid camera. An occasion had to be VERY VERY VERY special (Christmas wasn't special enough) for them to use it. If they took a pic, the whole family had to be in it too! There are maybe 4-5 pics of me alone during my entire growing up years. I wonder if I can snoop thru mom's stuff while I'm supposed to be moving it tomorrow.

inkinupstamps
11-10-2006, 03:51 PM
I'm just reading all of you smart ladies suggestions. You gals rock! I'm going to have to print this page out and use your 'guy gift' suggestions for all of the men in my life!:rolleyes: