PDA

View Full Version : I am SO sad...LSS closing...

Deborah
05-16-2007, 09:05 PM
Just came home from a day trip down to visit my grandchildren, and to visit my very favourite little scrapbooking store here in Nova Scotia, "Two Much Fun." They announced they're closing at the end of June. They've been in business for five years, and have done a TREMENDOUS job, cultivating a very loyal customer base, and returning that loyalty right back to the customer. They've ALWAYS been the FIRST to have the latest and greatest products in, and I've often travelled an hour outside the city to buy there because of that. The owners, Paulette and Ria, are moving on to other things. This doesn't seem to be a particularly tragic thing for them, which is good, they certainly do have much to be proud of.

Have closures happened in your community?

Sigh...

MyRnAbS
05-16-2007, 09:08 PM
YES, :( it's very sad!!! But people move on, forget, and adapt. I'm sorry for your loss!!!

hbpuppy
05-16-2007, 09:21 PM
What a bummer, Deborah. Sounds like a great store.

tesschap
05-16-2007, 09:37 PM
My LSS closed 3 years ago. I still miss it very much. The nearest LSS is now 65 miles from me :(

iloveflipflops
05-16-2007, 09:41 PM
Unfortunately this seems to be happening more and more I think. Its sad for all of us stampers/scrapbookers :(

kerry
05-16-2007, 09:48 PM
One of mine closed about two years ago and mentioned they couldn't compete with coupons and discuount chains as well as internet stores. They were very sad they had to close, but they had no choice but to do just that.

So I say...Support your lss as much as possible. Ask them if they can get things for you that you might otherwise buy at M's or online. They need all the support they can get!

Kerry

iloveflipflops
05-16-2007, 10:06 PM
This is the exact reason I called my LSS that time they made a $20 error on my mastercard. They had charged me ONLY $3 instead of $23 and I called them. They were thrilled that I told them.

Erin K
05-16-2007, 10:21 PM
Yup, I try to support them as much as possible. I'm so lucky to have mine less than a mile from here.

cindi
05-16-2007, 10:44 PM
favorite lss is having a hard time, so she moved to a bigger location and added a big gift section to her store.
I try to shop there as often as I can .
I sure hope she makes it, I'd be soo lost without her store! she's sweet too, she knows just what I like & when I go inb she always Cindi! Look at this or look at that..and it's always just what I want, need or love
You just can't get that at a big box store.
I';m sorry your losing yours Deborah, It's a sad sad thing.
Please lets all support our local LSS
:)

moosemama
05-17-2007, 05:13 AM
We just had one close about a month ago about 10 minutes from here in the next town over. Very sad-the owner has breast cancer and her husband has health issues also. She said it was just too much to try and run the store with being sick. Last summer we had one in town close and the other one will close in June. Sad to see-I won't complain too much even though I have to drive a little farther to find a LSS.