PDA

View Full Version : On my first three days, I've lost.....

Vintagegal
05-17-2007, 07:26 AM
four pounds, already! :whoohoo:

Today is Day Four and I don't crave anything. Sure there are temptations at work (we are always celebrating milestones with donuts and cake at work); and it's easy to run out to the convenience store to grab junk food.

The biggest challenge for me (and I'm willing to take it on) is to go on this diet without necessarily depriving the rest of the family of a few sweets here and there. So, I've not thrown out all of the sugar from the house. DS is still able to have his Ben & Jerry's and other sweet-treats. I, however, enjoy my sugar-free jello with whipped topping.

So....I'm down four pounds and I have 60 more to go! :nod:

moosemama
05-17-2007, 07:39 AM
That's great Ethel! Congrats-keep up the good work.

mahodgman
05-17-2007, 09:55 AM
Wow, that's great, Ethel!

scrappinnuts
05-17-2007, 10:23 AM
Ethel.. What are you doing to stop the cravings? I started to take Cinnamon Pills 1000mg about 4 months ago it is suppose to help stabilize your Blood sugar..and I have lost over 25lbs.. just don't have the desire for lots of sugar.. I am just eating a lot less..and not eating as many carbs and sugar so I guess it is working for me. Please share how you are doing it.. I am always interested in what people are doing to change habits/cravings.. Congrats on your hard efforts.

Canadian, eh
05-17-2007, 10:28 AM
Congratulations!! Good luck with your diet. Man, it's a tough go, but so worth it in the end!

Vintagegal
05-17-2007, 10:34 AM
Please share how you are doing it

Honestly..... sheer will power. I just say "no" to sugar and bread and pasta. I don't believe in zero carbs....but just limiting the amount. Also, I don't believe in empty calories, so I'm making sure the carbs that I'm putting in my body count. For example, I could choose to have 6gm of carbs from one donette donut, or I can have 6gm of carbs from something more healthy and substantial (something that will take longer to digest in my stomach, and something that will give me energy to sustain me longer).

I used to do Herbalife and dumped more than $400 in that. I lost all of eleven pounds. Not worth it. I just never want to be dependent on diet supplements ever again.

RrlscrapGal
05-18-2007, 11:27 AM
AWESOME Ethel!!!!!

teabear
05-18-2007, 12:06 PM
I am inspired by you. I had to take a break after my surgery and couldn't seem to concentrate before my surgery. Been afraid to step on the scale, but am working out again. The cinnamon pills sound interesting. Keep on making those good decisions one at a time.

mjbonoan
05-18-2007, 03:22 PM
;) Good for you.... I wish I had the will power to do it, but I just can't find it!!!

Clarissa
05-18-2007, 07:04 PM
Whoo Hoo!! That is awesome!! Keep us posted- very inspiring!

MyRnAbS
05-18-2007, 07:15 PM
YAY!!! This is wonderful news!! Keep up that good work, or should I say keep down ;) WTG!!

mydograscal
05-18-2007, 11:16 PM
weight loss group!
I work a stressful job so I crave sweets continuously, so am curious about the cinnamon pills. Also need help in getting motivated and getting on the band wagon.

WAy to go Ethel, I'm excited for you!

Connie

logcabincreations
05-19-2007, 07:49 AM
I rejoined weight watchers this week because there is so much heart disease and diabetes in my family. Knowing that losing weight will get my body healthy is my motivation. Too many family members who have had heart attacks and just about all the women in my mom's family have diabetes....I'm really trying to avoid that. Hope I can...I'm 42....so far so good. I have 40 pounds to lose though.

Paula Carden
05-19-2007, 09:44 AM
Yea, keep us posted- you are doing great-the temptations are hard-believe I am a walking example. I did Atkins for several years, now I am like you no sugar, bread, pasta, but have some carbs. At the end I was gaining weight on Atkins after losing a lot. It is really a circle. I don't like exercise!

iloveflipflops
05-19-2007, 10:39 AM
How are you doing Ethel? What are you up to now? I need to do something but I can't do Atkins. WW usually works for me but I have to get myself motivated too!!! Keep up the great work!

ccstampin12
05-19-2007, 04:11 PM
Great for you!
You rock!!!
LOL
Joanie

Vintagegal
05-19-2007, 10:51 PM
I am on Day Six, and have lost six pounds so far. So, an average of a pound a day. Just four more days on induction. I'm not really sticking to 20 grams of carbs or less per day (which is what you're supposed to do in induction). It's more like between 20 and 30 grams of carbs. I think I can maintain this level for a long time. No cravings. Not feeling hungry. I just have to stay focused.