PDA

View Full Version : do stamps wear out?

cindi
11-10-2006, 06:32 PM
All this talk of how we clean and care for our stamps has me wondering..do they wear out?? Like one day will I try to use my fave stamp & it just doesn't work ?? Please, say it isn't so!!:confused:

dgbearsmom
11-10-2006, 06:59 PM
But I sure hope not! I would think you'd have to use a stamp an awful lot or abuse it horribly for it to wear out. At least I hope that's the case. Some of them little suckers are expensive!

Judy

GrammaStamper
11-10-2006, 07:16 PM
I once got so many reminders on "OVERDUE" bills that the company charged me for a new stamp! Does that count?

cindi
11-10-2006, 07:42 PM
Barb your cracking me up!! I don't care if "those stamps" wear out!! lol!:D

inkinupstamps
11-10-2006, 07:47 PM
OMG! Barb! You are so funny! LOL LOL :D

Well, my darlin's. I would say no, they do not wear out UNLESS.....you have a big old dog named 'Bella who eyes the rubber and wood mounts. But then that would be mauling and not wearing out.

Remind me again why I wanted a dog and to stamp? Dogs...rubber...wood...chew toys........ hmmmmmmm?????

cindi
11-10-2006, 09:39 PM
Quick, hide your Fluffles up high where BElla can't reach them!!!!!! Whats a poor puppy to play with?? well, her mama's toys, of course! LOL:)

iloveflipflops
11-10-2006, 09:54 PM
I am sure they will last longer than we do :). Does this answer your question Cindi???

LinzyD
11-11-2006, 04:04 AM
I don't think the rubber wears out but after a long time I think some of the cushioning kinda does. The stamp sale I went to awhile back (that turned out to be a total joke) was mostly really old (new but waaay outdated) stamps and I noticed that some of the cushions on them looked kinda dried out...maybe that was just b/c of lack of love though! :rolleyes:
Linzy