PDA

View Full Version : Terry Medaris class was today - here's a pic!

1of2shoes
05-19-2007, 11:39 PM
I just got home from his third class of the day. It was as great as I thought it would be. I took the class that he taught shading and light source. It was a great help for my coloring, especially faces. I still stink at it, but now I have more knowledge on how to do it right.

My class was at 5pm, but I got there around noon to go to lunch with Tami (teabear), Julie (lostluggage) and Johanna (justjohanna). We first ate a bit of pizza and then went down to the Scrapping Cottage and bought some much needed supplies. hahaha! Tami was taking the 2nd class, so she had to go back, so Julie, Johanna and I went to Johanna's house to fill orders and I played cars with Jake (her son).

Class with Terry at 5pm. That was really fun. Johanna, Julie and I were amongst the 9 attendees for that class. This is the second time I've taken this particular class. What can I say? I'm a slow learner. :)

For all of you ladies signed up for his classes already, you will have a great time. Tami can fill you in on the first two classes.

Here's a picture of Terry Medaris and me. Sorry I'm not smiling. The first pic that was taken was blurry.

1of2shoes
05-19-2007, 11:47 PM
These are the stamps I bought today. Four of them are his newer stamps that are not in the catalog or on his website, but they will be soon, he says.

mjbonoan
05-19-2007, 11:51 PM
How neat is that... wish I lived in your area.

Can't wait to see what you do with your stamps!!

TFS!

Mary Jayne

Firecracker
05-20-2007, 12:07 AM
It sounds like a fun day. I love the stamps. I also can't wait to see what you make. Hugs, Heather

smileycollector
05-20-2007, 12:11 AM
AWESOME! Sure wish I could have been there with all of you! Thanks for sharing the photos Debbie and I'll be anxious to see more of your creations! :)

mahodgman
05-20-2007, 12:48 AM
Cool! I'm so excited to take his class, I can't even stand it! I'm taking class #1, so I'd love to hear about it if someone would like to share. I could really use some help on the shading and light source. I suck at both!

hbpuppy
05-20-2007, 12:55 AM
Sounds like a fun day Debbie. I can't wait to see you use your new skills and stamps.

cindi
05-20-2007, 01:10 AM
Did you remember to flirt with him for me???? I hope you did, I was counting on that!!!
LOL!!
Super stamps you got, what a wonderful day!
:)

Far North
05-20-2007, 01:41 AM
That's one of those special memorable days--so happy for each of you!
...Jan

teabear
05-20-2007, 01:44 AM
Can you believe that I just now got home! I had so much fun today. I forgot to tell you, Debbie, that the prismas are on clearance for 50 cents each at Joanne's. I stopped at the Ontario Mills Joanne's and there wasn't a clearance sign on them yet, so the selection was awesome. I'm all stocked up on pencils now. I also stopped for dinner and a visit with my parents on the way home.

Ok, so everyone who ever has the opportunity to take a class from Terry should borrow money and drive 2-3 hours if needed. It was worth every penney and the long drive. About 2 hours there and 3+ hours home due to traffic. He is an amazing teacher. The first class is a little slow, but you really learn to do the coloring and blending well. The second class was amazing. There were only 7 of us in the class, so instruction was very individualized. He sat next to me several times and gave one on one instruction on my projects. I colored a tile and a domino in the second class. I also have a shrink plastic image that I need to color. I was a little slow on the coloring, but I learned so much. I'm not nearly as good as Debbie, but I have hope that I might be some day now!

I'll post pics in the morning when I'm not so bleary-eyed!

inkinupstamps
05-20-2007, 06:55 AM
WOW! WOW! WOW! I'm thrilled for you ladies! And the photo...well....Debbie, dear...we'll chat! LOL

I love the stamp of the woman with the bowl (pottery) on her head. I want to see a card from you soon with that one, pretty please? The cactus stamp is done up as a card that I received as a free gift from Terry with my first order from him.

More info, s'il vous plait. What did you learn? What was the class like? Did you take your work?

Let's chat.

Jennifer

dreis1
05-20-2007, 08:29 AM
Debbie, your coloring is so awesome, I don't know where you could improve on it. I would love to get some of this teaching. My shading and light sure does need help. Soulnd like all of you had a fun-fun day. Glinda

hutchink
05-20-2007, 09:11 AM
OMG ladies, it sounds like it was an awesome class! I will be calling on Tuesday to sign up for his class in IL in August! I going to take classes one and two!

I love all the stamps that you got Debbie!

~K

My3Ds
05-20-2007, 09:40 AM
Wow~ and he's kinda good looking too. ;)

Clarissa
05-20-2007, 09:42 AM
You guys on the west coast have so much fun!

Canadian, eh
05-20-2007, 11:00 AM
Oh you ladies are sooooooo lucky. I would love to attend one of his classes. I love all his stamps. How neat that a group of you Shackies got together. I'm impatiently awaiting to see your creations in the gallery!

ccstampin12
05-20-2007, 11:49 AM
How great for you all!
I am not usually a "southwest theme" fan, but I do own one of TM's stamps and I love it.
I think these stamps you bought are great too. My favorites are the lady and the cactus ones.
Can't wait to see what you girls create with your new skills!
Joanie

emmcee
05-20-2007, 01:04 PM
Sounds like you all had such a wonderful time. I hope he comes to North Carolina sometime.

Debbie, I love your new stamps esp. the chili peppers & cactus.

tattoolesa
05-20-2007, 02:46 PM
Sounds like so much fun! Wish I lived nearby. And wish I color half as good as Debbie. I have 5 of his stamps and I can't do them justice. LOL