PDA

View Full Version : Recommendations PLEASE!!

MyRnAbS
05-22-2007, 08:23 PM
Okay so I've had too much time on my hands, and I'm super happy. I have been doing a load of reading. I've read two books by Jodi Picoult because they were recommened here a while back. THEY ARE AWESOME!! I read Ninteen minutes and The Tenth Circle.

My question is does anyone out there know of any good horror books? I've read all of stephen king's and yup I'm all caught up there. I just know that clive baker (sp) is another good one, but does anyone know which ones? Please help me! I'm dying to just read..read and read. TIA

Christie
05-22-2007, 08:25 PM
Dean Koontz is my fav! You MUST read Intensity! It's an awsome book!

MyRnAbS
05-22-2007, 08:31 PM
OMG!! I had forgotten about him. You know I'm a little weird. I had read that books cover once, but I think I didn't buy it cause it was older. I might be mistaken, but I've already passed that point. I don't look at the dates anymore. I know it was a weird habit. What is that book about??

kerry
05-22-2007, 08:33 PM
Not Horror but suspense/thriller: John Saul is my most favorite author. Have you read any of his books??

I really love his The Homing, Unwanted, Unloved, and When the Wind Blows...

There are a few new books coming out in June and July and I can't wait to get them for my summer reading (The Devil's Labyrinth and In Dark of Night)

Kerry

MyRnAbS
05-22-2007, 08:37 PM
Oh thank you I'm on my way to check him out!

Keep em coming girls, I'm on a roll over at the palm pilot store ;)

Christie
05-22-2007, 08:41 PM
OMG!! I had forgotten about him. You know I'm a little weird. I had read that books cover once, but I think I didn't buy it cause it was older. I might be mistaken, but I've already passed that point. I don't look at the dates anymore. I know it was a weird habit. What is that book about??

It's about this girl who gets kidnapped and the guy is a freak, I don't want to tell you to much about it, all I can say is it's worth the read! If you like scary this is a good one for you. I read it about 7 years ago and was thinking of reading it again. Let me know if you read it and if you liked it!

lisaguyon
05-22-2007, 09:12 PM
I like John Saul and I have recently fell in love with Laurel K Hamilton's Anita Blake series. I ususally do not like vampire books but I have read this whole series and am awaiting the next one to be released. This is the series I am talking about:

Anita Blake, Vampire Hunter
1. Guilty Pleasures (1993)
2. The Laughing Corpse (1994)
3. Circus of the Damned (1995)
4. The Lunatic Cafe (1996)
5. Bloody Bones (1996)
6. The Killing Dance (1997)
7. Burnt Offerings (1998)
8. Blue Moon (1998)
9. Obsidian Butterfly (2000)
10. Narcissus in Chains (2001)
11. Cerulean Sins (2003)
12. Incubus Dreams (2004)
13. Micah (2006)
14. Danse Macabre (2006)
15. The Harlequin (2007)

I recommend reading them in order if possible.

Lisa