PDA

View Full Version : Rowdy is very sick...

mjbonoan
05-23-2007, 01:14 PM
we're going back to the vet. Rowdy is now throwing up and the vet thinks he may have Parvo. He wants another $400 deposit, don't know how I'll come up with it, but my puppys health is very important.

inkinupstamps
05-23-2007, 01:16 PM
Oh no, Mary Jayne! This sounds terrible. Please know that you and expecially dear Rowdy is in my thoughts and let me know what you find out. My heart just breaks for you and your dear pup.

Jennifer

iloveflipflops
05-23-2007, 01:17 PM
Oh no. Poor Rowdy. I am so so sorry MJ!!!

ctinyjoy
05-23-2007, 01:23 PM
OH MJ I am sorry to read this. Give us a report when you get back home.

Far North
05-23-2007, 01:28 PM
Oh my heart aches...it is so hard when a pup can't talk to you!
Hugs...Jan

Christie
05-23-2007, 01:38 PM
Mary Jayne I'm so sorry to hear this. Please keep us updated.

cindi
05-23-2007, 01:47 PM
I'm sorry to hear Rowdy is so sick.
Big hugs for both of you.
Keep us updated
:)

tesschap
05-23-2007, 01:58 PM
I'm sorry you're going through this. I have Rowdy in my prayers.

Hugs to you.

Erin K
05-23-2007, 02:00 PM
Parvo? How would he get that? Does he get shots? I hope he doesn't have parvo. :(

Poor Rowdy. Poor you!

hugs,
E

ccstampin12
05-23-2007, 02:09 PM
Hoping for the best for you and Rowdy!
HUGS
Joanie

tojoco
05-23-2007, 02:38 PM
I'm hoping and praying that Rowdy will be fine. My Reba just let out a bark to Rowdy saying the same thing.

ellie
05-23-2007, 03:02 PM
Mary Jayne...I am so sorry to hear this. Was Rowdy throwing up before the accident? How could he get Parvo from that? Has he had his shots?

Sherry
05-23-2007, 03:07 PM
Aww, I'm so sorry :( This news makes me very sad. I'll keep the little sweetie in my prayers.

hbpuppy
05-23-2007, 03:09 PM
Poor Rowdy. I wonder if maybe he is just throwing up from the pain or from one of the treatments he's received lately. I have a dog that pukes every once in a while for no reason, sometimes in the middle of the night. Nothing like waking up at 3 am to a gagging dog. I hope little Rowdy feels better soon.

hutchink
05-23-2007, 03:23 PM
MJ,

Thoughts and prayers are with you and Rowdy! Hope all goes well at the Dr's office!

~K

moosemama
05-23-2007, 04:06 PM
Oh MJ, I hope he starts feeling better soon! Poor Doggy.

MyRnAbS
05-23-2007, 04:28 PM
:cry2: Dear Ladies,
Mary Jayne needs our prayers right now! She is actually thinking of putting Rowdy down. I'm so hurting right now. I've sent her to a different vet, and this one is well known. The vet used to work in Zapata, and I have much faith in her. I want for Rowdy to get better, because Mary loves him so much. It will kill her if he has to be put down. I can hear it in her voice, she's been crying for days. Please PRAY!! I've already prayed and I even turned on my blessed candle. I hope that Rowdy can be saved. This vet even gave payment plans, so that's very promising. I'm so glad she has all of you to rely on, she's devastated, and I'm so helpless. I guess that whatever the outcome, God has sent all of his angels to ease her pain (The Stamp-Shack girls). Thank you for listening to my long sad story, but my stomach is upset. I even feel like throwing up!! I guess this afternoon I'm making a trip to her house to go give her a hug!! Once again, Thank you girls so much for EVERYTHING. :cry2:

tesschap
05-23-2007, 04:35 PM
Oh no. Please give Mary Jayne a hug from all of us who are here praying for her and Rowdy.

MyRnAbS
05-23-2007, 04:38 PM
Teresa,
I sure will!! I wish I could be with her now. She's going thru a tough time. My mother has Rowdy under prayer. I think he will pull through, prayer is a strong thing. Thank you so much for caring.

tesschap
05-23-2007, 04:39 PM
How is her husband? He must also feel so terrible.

Sherry
05-23-2007, 04:42 PM
Aww, my heart breaks for all of them. As a pet owner, I know just how much Mary Jayne loves her little furpal. She's had a rough few days. I hope things turn around for the better and that the new vet will provide comforting news.

stampinmom3
05-23-2007, 06:13 PM
If it is any consolation to her at all, some dogs can recover from parvo. My lab is living proof. Long story short, he had parvo the owner's didn't want to pay the bill, I worked at the vet, brought him home for foster care 4 years ago. lol..I know the pain she is going through. All of us doggie people have her in our thoughts.

Clarissa
05-23-2007, 06:15 PM
I am so sorry you are going through all of this- Big {{{Hugs}}} I am happy you are going to a new vet- a second opinion can be a very good thing. Sending prayers and good wishes your way.

stampcrazyjulie
05-23-2007, 06:18 PM
Here's to hopeing that a second opinion in this case is a better opinion and outcome the the first! :)

I hope that DH is OK too! :)

MyRnAbS
05-23-2007, 06:20 PM
Quick UPDATE:

First of all, thank you so much for keeping Rowdy under prayer.

The good news, he doesn't have parvo!! YAY!! He is in ICU right now, he's just in a lot of pain. The vet has assured mary jayne that the dog will not die of the injury. They left him there until Friday. I believe he is in better care there. So I think he's going to pull thru this one!! Mary jayne sounds much better now, but my stomach is still upset!! However, I am glad to report that Mary is picking up some chicken for her and her dh. Thank GOD!! She sounded so upset, that I was extremely worried. Please keep praying!! And God Bless each and everyone of you for doing this for my bestest friend, Mary Jayne.

{{{{{sending a huge cyber group hug to all}}}}}

Erin K
05-23-2007, 06:23 PM
Oh what good news. :)

JBgreendawn
05-23-2007, 06:32 PM
oh my that is good news, it took me a while to read the thread through the tears, so I'm so glad you got them into the new vets sounds like that was just what they needed!

thanks for the update Myrna

MyRnAbS
05-23-2007, 06:35 PM
No problem Stacy.

I need to add that she ended up taking him to the original vet. Turns out that they wanted to do the same procedures in the new one, so she opted for the original one. She just had to weigh her options, and money wise she made the right choice.

teabear
05-23-2007, 06:45 PM
whew...sounds like things will work out. What an emotional day.

scrappyyankee
05-23-2007, 08:31 PM
Oh, I'm so glad to hear the good news. I will continue to keep Rowdy in my prayers.

Mickey