PDA

View Full Version : storage for the little things

inkypingers
11-11-2006, 12:03 AM
need some advice about storing the little things that usually are embellishments, I keep putting them in baskets and then forget
what I have. Anyone have a good way of keeping them where
you know how to get what you need quickly?

Beaglelover
11-11-2006, 12:12 AM
Don't know how small/big your embellies are:

1. Bobbin boxes for embroidery thread.

2. Pill boxes WITHOUT the removeable slots.

3. Coupon holders to hold die cuts.

4. Snack size Ziplock bags which I have found at the dollar stores.

5. I know a lot of people love the glass jars (wide mouth canning jars) to store stuff if you have the space.

HTH

Teresa

Beaglelover
11-11-2006, 12:29 AM
plastic shoeboxes at the dollar store. You can label them and then know what you have in each one.

Teresa

bubblegum girl
11-11-2006, 12:50 AM
i have the embroidery thread box and i love it but im thinking i'll have to get a second one that way i can store my brads/eyelets by color instead of shape.

scrappinnuts
11-11-2006, 03:23 AM
I use old Jewlery box like the ones you grandmother used to have..I pick them up at yard sales..

suzi_f
11-11-2006, 07:00 AM
I have little plastic "tool" boxes I bought at lowe's. I think they were meant to hold screws or something. The sizes of the openenings can be adjusted which I find very helpful! I also bought some bead organizers from WalMart & keep eyelets & brads in there. They're fairly cheap (under $5) and come w/like 24 little tic tac type containers. I love them!

teabear
11-11-2006, 08:16 AM
I have brads, eyelets, and such in 12 glass spice jars sorted by color and placed in a wooden box standing on end. The jars are in backwards so I can see the colors through the bottom of the jar. This really helps me keep them at hand. I have ribbons sorted by color in huge ziplocks inside of 2 plastic bins on the shelf in the closet. Finally, I have quart ziplocks holding tags, die cuts, and other larger embellies sorted by color. I find the sorting by color really helps me use my stash up. Here are my colors that I sort by: pink, red, orange, yellow, green, blue, purple, white, black, brown, silver, gold.
Tami