PDA

View Full Version : Rowdy Is Home...

mjbonoan
05-25-2007, 07:40 PM
It's amazing what a whole lot of prayer, good thoughts and bundles of love can do for the body and soul.

We came back with Rowdy from the "hospital" today. It was great to see him when they brought him out on a leash and walking a bit. We were so happy to see each other, I cried, and Rowdy peed on the vets floor.

I can't believe this is the same pup I almost put down on Wednesday. He's made a complete turn around. He was administered an IV and was rehydrated, got his meds, and finally ate a bit and drinks water. The vet still insists that he needs the surgery, which I'm sure would do wonders for him, but I just can't afford the $1200 plus he's asking for. The vets bill for this week was $787 and that really put me in huge financial strain for at least a couple of months.

For now, Rowdy will be staying at home, confined to his cage so he doesn't hurt himself. On the 5th of June he goes back to the vet for a check up and more vaccines. Hopefully all will be much better by then.

Thanks for all the prayers and good thoughts. I will continue to keep everyone informed of his condition about every other day. Check my blog later today for more pictures!

Love ya'll bunches!!

Mary Jayne and Rowdy

http://i18.tinypic.com/4u2pus4.jpg

hbpuppy
05-25-2007, 07:43 PM
I bet Rowdy is glad to be home. I'm so glad to hear he's feeling better.

craftingcrazy
05-25-2007, 07:46 PM
Welcome home Rowdy!-- Glad to hear you are feeling better! Thanks for the update Mary Jane! I'm so glad he's doing better.
Donna

iloveflipflops
05-25-2007, 07:48 PM
Yeah for Rowdy!!

cindi
05-25-2007, 07:50 PM
for you & Rowdy!!!
If the vet really thinks he needs surgery, why won't he offer you a payment plan????
I'll bet Rowdy is happy to be hom e!
:)

Sherry
05-25-2007, 07:54 PM
Yay Rowdy!!!! I'm so glad to hear that he's on the mend! Thanks for the updates Mary Jayne.

Christie
05-25-2007, 07:55 PM
Oh Happy day!!! That is such good news! I'm sure your so thrilled to have him home !

ccstampin12
05-25-2007, 08:04 PM
What a relief!
I forgot what surgery the vet says he should have. Is is optional?
If not, he should be able to give you a payment plan.
Do you have pet insurance? We don't but probably should!
So glad Rowdy is home!
Joanie

GrammaStamper
05-25-2007, 08:14 PM
Glad Rowdy is home again and he looks real good in his picture.

Far North
05-25-2007, 08:20 PM
Oh Mary Jayne it must have been like a Hallmark monent-you meeting Rody in the vet's office. You made me giggle out loud thinking of your excitment!
Oh so glad he is home!!!...Jan

Paula Carden
05-25-2007, 08:22 PM
I am glad for you that Rowdy is home. He looks very good in his picture-super cute doggy.

JBgreendawn
05-25-2007, 08:34 PM
He looks bright eyed and happy to be home Mary Jayne,
Thanks for the Update! :)

inkinupstamps
05-25-2007, 08:37 PM
Yippeeee Skippy! Rowdy's home. I can imagine the thrill for you and for Rowdy to be reunited. He sure is a cutiepie!

So glad he's making such good progress!

Jennifer

Erin K
05-25-2007, 08:51 PM
Thanks for the update, he looks happy to be home. I love Rowdy.

ellie
05-25-2007, 09:30 PM
oh, I am so glad to hear he is doing better. The picture is wonderful.

MyRnAbS
05-25-2007, 10:00 PM
YEE HAW!!! He's home!! He's looking real good, and I fed him!! He ate from my hand!! I was scared, but he finally ate!!

BTW, when Mike (Rowdy's daddy) came home, Rowdy ran to him of course limping. It was a beautiful moment. I told Mary Jayne, look Rowdy forgave Mike, and when I looked up at Mary, she was crying. It was very emotional. I know Mike is hurting really bad inside, but he's real strong and won't show any type of emotion. Either way this family felt complete! I felt happiness just being there. I'm glad I went to see them. As a matter of fact, I was about to have the first meal of the day when Mary called, and I put everything down for them. I'm glad she's keeping me on my toes (I'm on a diet). ;) Anyhoo, she did spend quite a lot of money, but it was all well worth it!

I thank each and everyone of you for keep them in your prayers. May God Bless all of you!!!

directmailscrapper
05-25-2007, 10:46 PM
Mary Jayne! I am so happy that Rowdy is doing so much better! Those young things sure know how to bounce back quickly! May he continue to improve and drive you crazy trying to stop him from running around!

buggainok
05-26-2007, 02:49 AM
Glad your doggie is back home and so much better. I know that's a lot of money to spend.......but here is a story I saw on a vet show on TV.

It was a very old black man, who obviously didn't have the money he was spending at the vet's to take care of his dog. He said this: "The way I look at it, I can always make more money, but I can't get another dog as special as this one."

Rowdy is very special, and you did the right thing!

HeatherJ
05-26-2007, 07:34 AM
That is great news! So glad to see his "smile"

gigibee
05-26-2007, 08:20 AM
Mary Jayne that is great news about Rowdy. Will keep all in prayer for Rowdy's continued healing. He looks happy to be home with his family.

Konnie

Clarissa
05-27-2007, 08:28 AM
I am very excited that Rowdy is home with you :) and eating!! He is such a doll baby!

mahodgman
05-27-2007, 09:53 AM
Thanks for the update. I'm also glad to hear that Rowdy is doing so much better. Pets really enrich our lives!

scrappyyankee
05-28-2007, 04:27 PM
Oh, I'm so glad Rowdy is home and on the way to recovery. He is so adorable!!

Mickey