PDA

View Full Version : How do you color images?

3darlings
05-26-2007, 08:57 PM
I just posted a card, in the gallery. I used chalk and a q-tip. I tried LePlum pens, glitter pens, blender pen, nothing looked really nice. This was the best out of them all. I am amazed at what I see you have all done. :)

MyRnAbS
05-26-2007, 09:11 PM
Your card turned out pretty!! I liked it. I use all sorts of things to color, but last night I was introduced to the prisma color pencils, and I love them. I also use chalk, and watercolor pencils. I especially love those prismas. I have all the SU watercolor crayons, but I haven't used them yet. I will use those tonight. I discovered that anything looks good. It all depends on the artist. IMHO!

cindi
05-26-2007, 09:19 PM
different things to color with.
I use prisma colored pencils, water color pencils, twinkling h2o's, markers, gel pens, and chalks, hey, I've even colored with bleach!:nod:
just use what you have & experiment with new things when you can
:)

mjbonoan
05-26-2007, 09:51 PM
I think your card looks great... I use Prismas for most of my coloring. Before them I hardly did anything because I was having trouble finding "my style". I would look at Myrna's coloring and it was great. I'd see all the cards on the gallery and I was embarrased to put mine up, Until I found the Prismas, that is!!! Tonight I'm going to try Myrnas watercolor crayons... and I just ordered a small set of Twinkling H2O's, I'll let you know how that turnes out!

Check out my small gallery. The Santa is my very first card and there is no coloring other than the Santa image stamped with Chocolate colored ink. The flowers are all colored with my Prismas!

dgbearsmom
05-26-2007, 10:02 PM
I think your card is very cute! It's a great first stamped card.

I consider myself somewhat of a beginner, especially compared to other ladies here. I did my first stamped card about a year ago. I use different things to color depending on the look I want. I use Tombow markers (the Le Plume pens are similar), chalk, ink picked up with a blender pen or paintbrush, watercolor pencils and Prismas. I find that I use Prismas more than anything. I also have some Twinkling H2Os, but I haven't been brave to try them yet. I'm a bit challenged with a paintbrush. :nah:

Just keep practicing and playing around with different things. It won't be long until you start finding what you like best and find your own style.

Judy

GSMom385
05-26-2007, 11:33 PM
Prismas are my item of choice, but I have used about everything at one time or another. I like my watercolor pencils too. I also like your card. Very nice!!

JBgreendawn
05-27-2007, 12:37 AM
I think that things to add color with is my biggest money thing besides the stamps themselves...
I have all the stampin up water based color markers ( old and new colors ) both of their boxes of chalks (old and new)Tombow water based markers in colors that su doesn't have, Prisma Pencils, Prisma alcohol based markers,
Sparkling H20's watercolors, watercolor crayons, is that it? oh i have all the colors of alcohol inks too...

when i use chalk i use a little white pom-pom on a tool called a pazzle (which looks and works like a pencil that has an alligator attachment where the eraser would normally be.) When i apply the color i go light color first, then add darker colors towards the edges where i want the shading to be.
( this is so you can always add more color but, its hard to take it off if you go to heavy )
hth,

Christie
05-27-2007, 02:08 AM
Mainly I use prismacolor pencils. I sometime use my watercolor penicls. That's about it. Oh and the cheapo crayloa pencils work too. I think it just takes practice. The more you color the better you get. I think your card looks very nice!

3darlings
05-27-2007, 08:36 PM
Ok ladies, I went to Michaels today and I wanted to buy twinkling H2O's and they had NO clue what I was talking about ( me neither actually) LOL But , where do I get them? Are they similar to alcohol ink? I did buy the prisma pencils, and a stamp, very anxious to use them.

Christie
05-27-2007, 08:41 PM
Your going to love your prismacolor penicls! I know I do. I don't know where to buy twinkling H2o's I don't have any. Let us know how you like your new pencils!!

directmailscrapper
05-27-2007, 08:49 PM
Twinklin H20s are sparkly water colors. They come in a little round container and you dampen a paint brush and pick up color just like you used to do when you were a kid and you got a set of watercolor paints in a skinny metal tin. The Twinklin H2Os have mica in them, so when it's dry, they shimmer. I have them, but haven't played with them much. You can buy 2 sizes of them -- I imagine the smaller size would be fine for most people! Nancy

dgbearsmom
05-28-2007, 09:54 AM
I bought mine at my LSS and I also bought some from Erin. I have never seen them at Michael's. You can also buy them online.

Judy

MidwestStamper
05-28-2007, 10:56 AM
Michaels doesn't carry them. I got mine as a gift, so I don't know where they were bought. You could call a few local places--or I suppose online is the best bet.

ccstampin12
05-28-2007, 11:05 AM
I use my Prismas with Gamsol most often. Sometimes, watercolor pencils or twinkling H2O's. I have seen Twinkling H2Os at LSS and ATRS. www.addictedtorubberstamps.com (http://www.addictedtorubberstamps.com)
Gamsol is at Inky Antics on line. www.inkyantics.com (http://www.inkyantics.com)
Have fun shopping and playing~
Joanie

Patty
05-28-2007, 06:34 PM
I bet they will have them at any stamping/scrapping convention--I bought the H2o color stuff but never used it. I love my prisma pencils--use them ALL the time