PDA

View Full Version : Meet the newest member....

Swanie78
05-26-2007, 11:07 PM
Call me crazy, but I went out this afternoon and bought a hampster. :eek:
My friend got one for her daughter several days ago and shes sooooo cute and loves to snuggle.
I havent quite figured out a name for mine yet, but has to have something to do with satan because thats what she is!!! LOL
She kept escaping the little box that they put her in, so I had to drive home with it in my lap, then she started escaping it in my lap and I reached down to grab it and she took a nice chomp into my middle finger. I bled like a stuffed pig! LOL All over my clothes, my legs (I was wearing shorts) and Im sure its all over my steering wheel and carseat :worried:
Anyway, shes cute, and Im hoping she'll calm down and relax some soon. I have 15 days to return her if she doesnt get better. Shes really nippy right now!

Firecracker
05-26-2007, 11:10 PM
She is very cute! I can't imagine buying a hamster. I think my cat would try to eat it! Have fun with it. Hugs, Heather

Swanie78
05-26-2007, 11:15 PM
Alex (my cat) is standing guard....lol I dont think he'd try to eat her or anything. He'd be too excited to have something to play with! lol
Shes putting some mileage on the wheel thats for sure!

GrammaStamper
05-26-2007, 11:16 PM
She is very cute! I can't imagine buying a hamster. I think my cat would try to eat it! Have fun with it. Hugs, Heather

Correction, I think your cat WOULD eat it, I know mine would. LOL!

Kelly, he/she looks sweet. If it's a female, call her Jezebel.

Swanie78
05-26-2007, 11:21 PM
LOL Barb, I cant even get him to eat canned cat food! I think the hampster's safe. ;)
Jezebel is a good name.....right now shes got a not so nice one...LOL!

ellie
05-26-2007, 11:46 PM
Years ago I purchased a hampster for my son. He was adorable and we very much enjoyed him. One day, not long after the hampster's arrival, my son was naughty so I sent him to his room. He came out screaming...MOMMY, MOMMY, there's babies! Sure enough, our "him" was a her and she was pregnant when we brought her home. We had 14 babies!!! THey looked like little mini tootsie rolls...brown and no hair!

patg
05-27-2007, 12:10 AM
Ohh she is cute! I use to have teddy bear hamsters! I thought I was coming home with two girls and they were wrong at the pet store. So I wound up with a few litters and managed to find homes for them all.

They are cute. I love it when you place them in the exercise ball to run around your home.
Pat

RDRD4
05-27-2007, 01:04 AM
She is so cute and Pretty color too.

Christie
05-27-2007, 02:06 AM
Very cute! I never had one growing up, all we ever had were dogs.

Nadine
05-27-2007, 07:53 AM
I've had hamsters since getting my own place. She'll calm down as she gets used to you. I'd leave her be for a couple of days and don't try and touch her, as hard as that is, then gradually start introducing your hand. The one that I have now, Cookie, is really sweet. She doesn't like cuddling, but she loves running around on your arms and hands. Have fun with your new pet!

LinzyD
05-27-2007, 08:44 PM
She's a cutie. Notice the hamster in my pic? His name is Schmooie. Hamsters can be lots of fun. She'll settle down once she gets used to you. Schmooie used to follow me all over the house in his little ball. :)
L

cindi
05-27-2007, 09:00 PM
if it was a boy I'd suggest Houdini, since she likes to escape!
hmm..be sure to tell us what you do name her!
She's just adorable
:)