PDA

View Full Version : Stamping on Foam

mahodgman
11-11-2006, 10:23 AM
Several people asked about foam stamping, so here is what I know about it. You can buy the craft foam at any craft store, but I got mine at a Dollar Tree store. It is the stuff that lots of kids crafts are made from these days. I cut a sqare of foam just a little bigger than my image, heated it with my heat tool just until it started to curl, and then pushed my rubber stamp into the foam. I held the stamp there for a couple of seconds while it started to cool then lifted the stamp. I then cut around the image. You can also smoosh the image into an ink pad to add some color, and that looks really cool too. This is not my original idea, I did it at a SU workshop awhile back. The jacket card, though, is entirely my own idea. Here it is if you want to see http://stamp-shack.com/photopost/showphoto.php?photo=665&cat=500&ppuser=15

iloveflipflops
11-11-2006, 01:27 PM
I wanna try it anyway :). Now off to the store to buy some foam. I know I don't have any of that....

GrammaStamper
11-11-2006, 01:40 PM
I bought a ton of craft foam when I was in England and have never used it. I'll have to give this a try. Thanks, Mary.