PDA

View Full Version : Aggghhh

lisaguyon
05-31-2007, 12:12 PM
:arghh: I just spent forever coloring a beautiful butterfly I had gotten sometime last year in an image swap and when I went to blend it with my Prisma pencil blender the ink that was used to stamp the image blended right along with it.

Anyone have any suggestions on how to be able to tell if a stamped image is blendable or not before all the work goes in it or before you ruin the image?

midnitecreations
05-31-2007, 12:22 PM
I had a problem like this when I first started watercoloring images. The ink would bleed when colored. It wasn't just water, but sometimes with markers too. Now I do a scrap test with the ink pad to make sure it doesn't bleed. I then mark the ink pad with a little permanent marker. This way when I'm in a hurry, I don't grab a pad that does bleed.

GrammaStamper
05-31-2007, 12:25 PM
I think image swaps should stipulate that all images should be stamped using StazOn ink. Then we can colour them any way we want to and not worry. JMO

lisaguyon
05-31-2007, 12:42 PM
I think image swaps should stipulate that all images should be stamped using StazOn ink. Then we can colour them any way we want to and not worry. JMO

That is a good idea. It is so heartbreaking to spend so much time coloring an image then have it bleed when you go to blend it.

tesschap
05-31-2007, 12:45 PM
I have learned the hard way to use Stazon for images I want to color too!

logcabincreations
05-31-2007, 12:48 PM
Great idea Barb. I joined a swap due in August....and I think I'll do just that.

dreis1
05-31-2007, 01:31 PM
I use my black Versafine Ink Pad, and I don't have any problems with the smearing when I start to blend with the oderless mineral spirits. Glinda