PDA

View Full Version : Last Day of School - YIPPEE

My3Ds
06-01-2007, 09:18 AM
Today is the last day of school for my kiddies. We have a small awards luncheon and 11:00. I need to leave the Shack to get ready. I also have not gotten a gift for the teachers. :confused: I guess I'll get a gc for the local teacher supply store. What else can I do? I always seem to be behind. :(

Erin K
06-01-2007, 09:24 AM
I'm sure they will enjoy the GC.

I love it when it's summer and people have their kids home with them. I don't know why but it makes me all happy.

:)

teabear
06-01-2007, 09:32 AM
3 more weeks of school here. Enjoy the first day of summer vacation!

My3Ds
06-01-2007, 09:43 AM
Erin - I think I'm in the minority, because I love having the kids home. I hear a lot of mom's say they can't wait for school to start, but I can't wait for it to end.

iloveflipflops
06-01-2007, 10:13 AM
We have 1 more week here. I am so ready for the homework to be over. 5th grade has been a KILLER year this year on ME!! LOL

Last night homework took like 2 hours. Of course, DS drug it out FOREVER but that's how he is. It was on math that the teacher has not even taught yet and I had no clue so DH had to help and that turned into a shouting match so I for one will be glad when the homework ends!!

Hip Hip Hooray!

Jovi
06-01-2007, 10:23 AM
My kiddos have been out of school since last Friday... we've had a great first week and have been keeping ourselves busy.

Enjoy your summer vacation :)

suzi_f
06-01-2007, 03:07 PM
We don't get out until the 14th. Then, the fun starts 'cause we leave on the 16th for LA. The bummer (that I'm trying not to fixate on) is that we go back on 8/20. Once we get back from vacation, we'll only have 1.5 mos of summer left :( I wonder what it would average out to be per day for the fee I paid to join the neighborhood pool?

My3Ds
06-01-2007, 04:39 PM
Suzi - we always said the same thing about the pool membership. Some summers it was quite expensive - other's we seemed to get our money's worth.

suzi_f
06-01-2007, 05:14 PM
Well, if it were up to the kids, we'd be there all day, everyday. Even tho the water's like 60 something degrees. BRRRRR. Too cold to get in, too hot to sit outside. What's a mom to do???