PDA

View Full Version : What do you think?

Swanie78
06-01-2007, 06:57 PM
Background: I've had the same Jansport backpack since 6th grade (about 17 years...lol). It followed me thru my school days, my college days (years ago), its been my carry on for every flight Ive taken, dragged to conventions/fairs/concerts/etc. And until recently, its held up amazingly.

So I was on Ebay the other day looking for a replacement, and found this one (http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ssPageName=ADME:B:EOIBSAA:US:11&Item=170115791070).
After I bid, won, and paid for the auction, I got to thinking about it and Im wondering if this is the actual backpack WITH the water pack, or just the water pack. The picture shows both, so thats what I bid on, but as Im reading the description it sounds like its more the water pack.

Its not a big deal, I already won and paid, so if its not the right thing Ill stick it on Craigslist or something, but just wondering what you all think Ill be getting....lol Also, theres some info listed there, that I dont think belongs to the auction, to me it sounds more like its info on a camera lens, so thats throwing me off too. ;)

What do you think?

So I got it today and its perfect!! :D Nice and roomy so I think all my books will fit, the shoulder straps are extra padded, and the resevoir is huge and will be fun to take on a day out somewhere. You can even freeze it/its contents so they stay cold! Which would be cool at some place like the fairgrounds on a summer day because you have free airconditioning on your back ;)
Now I just need to go shopping for school supplies to go in it!

stampinmom3
06-01-2007, 08:37 PM
I think it sounds like it is the whole bag,you are right though-that is wierd because it sure sounds like camera equipment at the end. I'm anxious to see what you get. You'll have to let us know!

JBgreendawn
06-01-2007, 08:43 PM
to me it reads you are buying the red pack and it will hold water bottles of some kind made for it, but i have no idea about the camera info at the bottom. maybe this seller cut and pasted from another auction they had listed so they didn't have to retype all their own particular brand of "rules" and forgot to preview it...

have you tried asking the seller about it?
is that price too good to be true for that kind of a bag? ( i don't know anything about them)
I hope you are gonna receive what you are hoping for.
:)

mahodgman
06-01-2007, 08:46 PM
Hmm.....Ebay lesson #1 - Ask questions! It sure does look like a picture of a backpack, but it also reads like a big water bag. I'm also curious what you get, do keep us posted.

kerry
06-01-2007, 09:16 PM
It's the red water pack. My nephew got one for Christmas for their camping and hiking trips. You did get a good deal, they paid a lot more for it at the sports store.

It is a backpack that has a detachable (so you can clean and disinfect it)plastic resivoir and a drinking tube that comes out the pack.

My guess is the seller must have been selling multiple items and just cut and pasted his text and didn't edit it or review it, that's why you see the camera info.

Kerry

GSMom385
06-01-2007, 09:52 PM
I agree with Kerry, we have one just like it that DH got for his 10 year award with his company. It is really nice. We take it to the fair every year, and vacations because it is nice to have your own water and it is easy to carry. I think you got a really good deal.

Patty
06-01-2007, 10:14 PM
well, I don't know anything about ebay or water/back packs. I buy the kids backpacks from LLBean cuz they have a lifetime guarantee. You pay once and even years later, if something happens, they replace it for free. HTH
Patty

Swanie78
06-02-2007, 01:50 AM
Hmm.....Ebay lesson #1 - Ask questions! It sure does look like a picture of a backpack, but it also reads like a big water bag. I'm also curious what you get, do keep us posted.

I normally would, but I didnt find the auction until it was over in 17 min so I didnt have time. I looked around at the other auctions that were ending within 12 hours and this was the one that I liked the best.
I just got an email back saying it shippd yesterday, so I should have it Mon/Tues.
Ill let you know what I end up with...lol Hopefully its big enough to hold the $300 worth of books that I just had to buy for summer quarter :huh:

MyRnAbS
06-02-2007, 06:11 AM
let me tell you that this looks a little like the packs we will be using for marching band practice :shocked: Of course it won't have all that extra storage. This bag that you bidded and won, holds 3 liters of water, as well as tons of books. You can go ahead and just use it as a backpack, or you can add cold water and ice along with your books, slip it on your back, and ur set for the ENTIRE day. Those things keep that water extremely cold!! I say keep it, you won't regret it. And maybe......just maybe.......for those rough days.......you can add some tequila instead of water ;)

MyRnAbS
06-02-2007, 06:20 AM
I forgot to add that it's true about what it says about those hydration packs alone being $40.00 Very true!! The ones we are supposed to purchase are 40 + shipping, and it's only for water no storage. But you got a good pack because I do think it will hold your books as well. I don't know if it will hold all 4 or 5 books, but can you perhaps alternate your books or must you take them all on the same day? My mother bought me a rolling business bag, and I love it. The only thing is that it's not very roomy so I would alternate days. I would use rolling cart Mon. Wed. thrus. and on Tues. friday I would use my beloved oldie backpack (HUGE) that I've had throughout my entire college years. Let me know how it all works out when you receive it. Whatever you do, please keep me in mind if you ever want to sell that beer keg :laugh: I'm sorry I meant hydration pack. It's late 5am and I haven't gone to bed yet. I'm heading there now.

Swanie78
06-04-2007, 09:01 PM
Bumping for update!

Erin K
06-04-2007, 09:06 PM
You can still send your jansport back if you have it. I sent one back like ten years after buying it, they are no joke with thier lifetime garantee. My model was out of production so I got a differnt one but it was even nicer. (although mine was red and my new one was black)

Glad your bag from ebay worked out.