PDA

View Full Version : I wanted to dognap a cute dog, today!

Vintagegal
06-01-2007, 07:48 PM
There was a dog that got out of someone's yard, near my place of work. It was a German Shepherd/Golden Retriever mix. It had the features of a German Shepherd, but the coloring of a Golden Retriever. Plus, it had a few "curly" whisps of hair behind its ears.

It wanted to come inside our facility so badly, but of course, we couldn't let it in. Someone from inside called the Humane Society to pick up the dog, but I had to make sure it didn't run into traffic. So, I sat outside and kept it company. It had tags, but the owners weren't home when we tried to call.

The dog can't be more than two years old. It's a big "pup" but you know it's not full-grown. and will get bigger. He was such a playful dog. He'd bark at me, run around in a circle, then crouch down to the ground, and then bark again. I could tell he was asking to play "fetch." I felt so bad, because all I could do was sit there with him. So, he eventually got bored and just sat next to me. Then he layed down. Then, the Humane Society showed up, and took him away. I'm glad he had his tags. They'll eventually track the owners down. It's good he had this tags, otherwise my cats would've had to make their acquaintance with a new "big puppy" in the house. LOL!

suzi_f
06-01-2007, 07:50 PM
Jack (our cat) had a collar when he found us. No one ever did claim him. I hope your humane society will keep him until they find the owner. Around here, I think they keep them for only 2 days & 4 for cats. SAD!!!!!!!!!!

shuggy
06-01-2007, 08:02 PM
you could always go to the humane society in a few days and see if his owners found him. if not, you could get a new pet!!

inkinupstamps
06-01-2007, 08:10 PM
Awwww...he sounds beautiful and playful and sweet. Perhaps he's been microchiped. The humane society should check that as well. Let us know if you hear anything, Ethel. Poor pup. He sounds wonderful.

JBgreendawn
06-01-2007, 08:47 PM
i would call too, hopefully he has a microchip and they can just beep him and get the owners work and cell #'s too...

( If he's that cute, and your allowed to have pets I's call them later and check to make sure he's found his way home too...)