PDA

View Full Version : 4,000 posts celebration!

teabear
06-03-2007, 01:21 PM
I just passed 4,000 posts...what a grand time here at the shack. So, to celebrate I have some prisma pencils to give away. It's an assortment of colors that I hope someone can put to good use. If you'd like to get in on the drawing for them, please post here. The only catch is you have to share something with all of us.

Please tell us some wonderful tip you have learned along your stamping journey that you think will help everyone. It can be technique, money saving, organization, or something else. If you want to add a link to show us more about your tip, that's even better. Only one entry per person, but feel free to share more than one tip. I will leave this thread open until Tuesday at noon PDT, so everyone gets a chance to play.

tojoco
06-03-2007, 01:49 PM
Wow Tami, congrats on your 4,000th post. BTW, I love your signature pix of your puppy doggies.

One tip that I have that has proven very help to me is:

I bought one of those very large desk monthly calendar pads. I go through our birthday list and I write everyone's birthday in the appropriate square for the entire year. When the list is updated I just add them to my calendar. Every month I go through the desk calendar pad, try to get all my cards made out for the month or just grab some from my stash, get them addressed and ready to mail.

smileycollector
06-03-2007, 06:07 PM
Congratulations Tami on 4000 posts! This is an awesome place isn't it?!
I could give you an organizational tip of mine... I have several small disposable rubbermaid containers (6 x9:)that I put my cardstock scraps in and then when I need just a small piece of a certain color, I go to the appropriate container first before cutting into a full sheet. There are photos of my stamp room in the gallery and you can see these on the shelf above my desk.

I loved Joanne's suggestion above and will have to do that too! GREAT idea!

cindi
06-03-2007, 06:50 PM
I'm right behind ya!!!!
It sure is easy to rack up post on such an awesome site!!
my tip is ( and maybe everyone knows?)
is to store your ink pads upside down so it's always juicy & ready to use
:)

GrammaStamper
06-03-2007, 07:26 PM
Tami, congrats on 4,000 posts.

My tip: become a full-fledged member of The Shack because you learn something new everyday. Today, for example, I will adopt Joanne's tip about the large monthly calendar! Thanks, Joanne and thanks, Tami for the great giveaway to celebrate.

directmailscrapper
06-03-2007, 09:14 PM
Tami -- wow! 4,000 posts! You are a real yakker! :-)

I learned about those WONDERFUL Rubbermaid square containers with the X in the middle for storing pencils, markers and more! LOVE them!

Nancy

teabear
06-03-2007, 09:25 PM
Keep them coming! Here's a pic of the prize:

emmcee
06-03-2007, 09:31 PM
Hi Tami, Congratulations on 4000 posts! Wow, don't know if I'll ever get that or not.

One technique I love is your thing, the one sheet wonder to make 8 cards from 1 sheet of c/s.

I really like Joanne's idea of the big calendar to keep up with the birthdays.

MyRnAbS
06-03-2007, 09:52 PM
:cheer: I'm so happy for you!!! WAY TO GO!!

Swanie78
06-03-2007, 09:54 PM
I already have the pencils, but I just wanted to say Congrats....whoa! 4000!! Thats a lot of Talkin' Tami!! ;)

Christie
06-03-2007, 09:57 PM
Congrats Tami on the 4000th post! Your catcing up to ERin and Sherri! I think the one thing I leaned is to never use pigment ink if you want to color something right away. I've ruined more images that way. I'm never patient enough to let it dry completely before I color. Something else I learned, glitter makes everything look good!!! LOL!!!!

RDRD4
06-03-2007, 09:57 PM
Congrate........4000 Way to go girl.

hbpuppy
06-03-2007, 11:45 PM
Wow Tami. That is a lot of chit chat. Congratulations.

Hmmm. I'm not an expert like the previous posters. Tip? Lately I've been using markers to ink up my stamps. Markers are way cheaper (and lots smaller and easier to store) than ink pads and they last a lot longer. And, I can color different parts of the stamp different colors.

Janette2
06-04-2007, 01:30 AM
Nice pens!

unfortunately I donīt have tips etc. yet...

ChristyR
06-04-2007, 12:04 PM
this is a stamping tip/idea for ya girlies...

stamp your image on tracing paper or tissue paper and place on a candle then cover with wax paper. hold the wax paper tightly as you heat the image up with your heat gun... remember to keep the gun moving or it will melt your candle. the paper will be melted on the candle and there you have a pretty decorative candle.

My aunt has taught me this and she used a stamped saying for my baby shower on a candle. We have also printed our saying directly on a piece of tracing paper and melted it on the same way and she has pretty handwriting and says it works the same way. We have not tried a colored image yet but i hope it works the same. HOW CUTE

I am making one for my grandparents 50th wedding anniversary this weekend as a decoration for the party we are giving them and later as there keepsake :)

happy stamping :)

ccstampin12
06-04-2007, 12:59 PM
Love all of these suggestions! Very helpful.
My mind is frizzled from the stamp convention this weekend.
I did watch a demo on finding a medium tone color using a light-colored brush marker and a dark-colored brush marker. The girl brushed the light marker against the tip of the darker one...wiped it quickly on a scrap and shaded a colored image. It was awesome to watch and I haven't tried it yet, but she made it look easy!
HEY! Congrats on your 4000 posts!!!!!
Joanie

teabear
06-05-2007, 03:06 AM
These are all great tips....I'll be closing this tomorrow for the drawing. Anybody else want to add something?

tesschap
06-05-2007, 07:26 AM
Tip #1 - Don't get started with this addicting hobby! It will cost you lots and lots of money!

Tip #2 - Do get involved with this addicting hobby (and join the Stamp-Shack). You will meet some wonderfully talented paper artists and develop many wonderful friendships :)

Congratulations on hitting 4000 posts!

Hugs,