PDA

View Full Version : I bought my first prismacolor pencils today

suzi_f
06-04-2007, 10:35 PM
I was at M's and saw that they have individual pencils. So I picked up 2 diff peach colors (need something for Bella's skin). I'm hoping I can use my blender pens w/these 'cause I didn't want to go shopping around for stumps (mostly 'cause it sounds icky) and gamasol. Also, can I use prismacolors in conjuction w/watercolor pencils?

MyRnAbS
06-04-2007, 10:40 PM
That blender pen is it for watercolor pencils or for oil based? If I recall Mary Jayne's lesson was that prismas are to be blended by gamsol/blender pencil.

suzi_f
06-04-2007, 10:48 PM
Bummer. I have the SU one. I guess it's for watercolor (since that's what I've been using it for :P ) Guess I'll have to search this stuff out.

MyRnAbS
06-04-2007, 10:50 PM
I'm sorry please don't take my word for it, I'm as dumb as they get. I just never thought of using those blendie pens. I'm going to M's tomorrow I will see if they have some, and if they do I'll send you one of those thingys with the liquid. I'll let you know.

teabear
06-05-2007, 02:29 AM
Suzi, you don't need a blender of any kind. You can lay down the lighter color first and then go over the areas you want shaded with the darker pencil. Make little circles with the pencils to blend. Lay the color on heavy. If you want a lighter look, prisma makes a blender pencil they sell in a 2 pack at Michaels for about $3...use a coupon! LOL I don't have any gamsol and haven't ever used anything like that. You can also use prismas over markers for highlighting. I hope that helps.

suzi_f
06-08-2007, 07:11 AM
Ok, the silly pencils have been in my purse since I bought them on Monday. I guess I need to get them out, sharpen them & give them a try. Are the prisma blender pens different than the SU blenders??

Christie
06-08-2007, 07:35 AM
Your going to love them when you use them. I have found that a blender pen works, prismacolor blender marker works also. Lots of times I don't even use anything. The prismacolor blender marker will make the penicls look like marker, gives them a vibriant color.