PDA

View Full Version : I have a problem with one of my craft punches...

lost luggage
10-14-2006, 07:46 PM
If it starts to stick....how do I juice it up again? I thought you were supposed to punch foil with it or something..wax paper? When I try those, it just jams up and rips the paper.

TIA

Whoopsie Daisy!
10-14-2006, 08:17 PM
Try punching thru sandpaper so that it gets the sticky stuff. If you don't have sandpaper, then try folded aluminum foil. And after that, punch thru folded wax paper.

If your punch is stuck together and refuses to come apart, then try placing it in the freezer for a short bit.

HTH
Jane

lost luggage
10-14-2006, 08:23 PM
lol Ok- thanks! I'm off to the garage followed by the freezer.. :)

stampcrazyjulie
10-15-2006, 04:27 PM
Wow, thank you for the info Jane! I have had bad luck with the foil technique, but I have never tried the freezer! :)

lost luggage
10-15-2006, 04:55 PM
My punch was toast....nothing helped. I guess the spring went bad :(

Whoopsie Daisy!
10-15-2006, 06:21 PM
What do you mean by "toast"?
Do you mean it's so bad that you're going to throw it away?

You can send it my way to see if I can fix it for you. I've had one that I worked on for a week and got it to work again. Or you can try contacting the company that makes it to see if they can fix it / at least take a look at it.

Did you try throwing it around?

I'm just kidding.... about throwing it around.

:D Jane

lost luggage
10-15-2006, 07:17 PM
"Toast"- history, kaput, DOA...

It's not worth it to me to send it all around to try to get it fixed. It's worn out...I punched hundreds of leaves yesterday. Plus, I don't want to be caught up making the same design again... it has served it's purpose...he was a good little punch...

There will be a service in the Lounge later this evening for all those who would like to pay their respects.. :)

cindi
10-15-2006, 08:58 PM
Too funny Julie! Should I send flowers to the service??

lbakerc42
10-15-2006, 09:25 PM
Jane,
You make me laugh because I have had a punch or two that I would have loved to "throw around." I resisted though. Thanks for a good laugh!

lost luggage
10-15-2006, 10:38 PM
Too funny Julie! Should I send flowers to the service??

No flowers please...please send donations directly to my paper crafting fund. :p