PDA

View Full Version : Have you ever thought if we exchanged more stamped images with each other we may

iloveflipflops
06-06-2007, 12:14 PM
spend less on stamps?

I was thinking as the new Bella has come out. I really like her but can I justify $12 plus shipping for her? Will I use her that much? I guess I am getting frugal lately but I want to try and curb my spending as much as I can before MOA or I won't have $$ to take to MOA.

Know what I mean???? Any ideas on this?

Fief14
06-06-2007, 12:24 PM
I agree with you...A few weeks ago when Kimmyqtgirl & I went to Angela's Happy Stamper store I spent way too much money! I've taken a no buy vow (except for adhesives) until Jan 2008!!!! Yes, I mean it! We are building a new house, which should be ready in December, so with all the financing for that, DH & I have promised not to use the credit cards for anything but gas & groceries.

Maybe we should all take turns doing image swaps...a bella swap, a HM swap, Penny Black, etc.

Any takers?

inkinupstamps
06-06-2007, 12:26 PM
I agree, Sherri! I'm thoroughly enjoying the virtual swaps too, both as a participant as well as an observer.

And I like the Bella stamps but they are extremely expensive for what they are and the shipping is nuts! I live in the same Province (about 5 hours from her) and it takes two weeks to get the order and the price for two stamps with shipping just makes it crazy nuts. I've ordered my last Stamping Bella stamps, that is for sure, but I would be happy to share images with my good buddies here.

For that matter, I'll share any images anyone might like.

I'm with you!

directmailscrapper
06-06-2007, 12:50 PM
I LOVE this idea! I really like the PSX Botanicals that Mary Jayne is so gifted at, she has offered to send me some and I'm delighted! They are so expensive and I know that I'd never get the use out of them that she does. I have a lot of stamps I would never part with because I use them often and I wouldn't want to wait for someone to send me images -- but for the Bellas and so many others -- I think this is a terrific idea!

Nancy

midnitecreations
06-06-2007, 12:53 PM
What a great idea. It'll cut down on storage problems too! lol

iloveflipflops
06-06-2007, 01:08 PM
I see we have some interest. What do you think the best way to go about this is? Maybe I could host a Bella image swap, a Penny Black swap, a flower swap, who else? What else? That way, you would all send them to me and I can swap them out. Does this sound good? Does anyone else want to do this instead of me? I will do whatever ... give me more ideas please ;)

Fief14
06-06-2007, 01:11 PM
Sherri I'll help host as well...Let me know...

How about a house Mouse Swap?

iloveflipflops
06-06-2007, 01:20 PM
ok ... you tell me which ones you want to host and i will do the others. House Mouse would be great too :). Can we make the due date like in 3 weeks or even 2 weeks or is that too short notice for people?

tesschap
06-06-2007, 01:31 PM
Count me in with whatever you decide. What about folks who don't have any images to share of the specific one we're swapping? For example - I have no Penny Black stamps but would love some images. I have several Bellas and maybe there are folks who have none. Some other swap options to possibly add - all floral images, all boat images, all cat images, (all chickens, turkeys, and flip flops) :) You get the idea!

I'm game for whatever we come up with.

inkinupstamps
06-06-2007, 01:36 PM
I didn't think of this as so much of a SWAP. As Teresa mentions, not everyone has certain types of stamps but would enjoy having them. There is already the forum for ISO stamped images.

I'm game for whatever the concensus decides to do and am happy to share my bella and HM and other types of images and my PSX as well as other companies.

My3Ds
06-06-2007, 01:37 PM
Great idea. I was thinking about something like this a while back. I'm always afraid to buy a stamp because I'd use it once and then what would I do with it. If we could share images I'd be more likely to buy a stamp or two.

Christie
06-06-2007, 01:42 PM
I'll host a swap. You know me, I"m always up for hosting something!!

tesschap
06-06-2007, 01:49 PM
Maybe we can do some sort of round robin. We could compile a list of who wants to participate and each stamp a specified number of images and mail to the next person on the list. We take out the images we are interested in, add some new ones and mail on to the next person. We could post updates when we receive and re-mail here? Just a thought.

lisaguyon
06-06-2007, 01:51 PM
I would love to play, Lisa

MidwestStamper
06-06-2007, 02:31 PM
Interesting idea. I haven't done too many image swaps but it's probably a wise thing to do.

Fief14
06-06-2007, 02:34 PM
How about sending the host (I'll host) a "wish list" of stamped images you'd like to receive. Then I will email everyone who signs up for the swap the types/brands of stamps listed by the participants & you (the participants) stamps as many images as you want from the overall wish list, send them in to me & I'll try my best to fulfill all of the wishes from everyones list. Does this make sense? I'll create the swap now & let me know if you have any questions.

I think this will be fun!

iloveflipflops
06-06-2007, 02:55 PM
Oh Jennifer. I just joined too :). I may host a specific Penny Black image swap or a specific Bella image swap if that's ok with you. Let me know if this is a-ok. Flowers are always great too.

Fief14
06-06-2007, 02:57 PM
Hi Sherri What ever you want to do is fine with me.

Just to let you all know I've created the Wish List image Swap. Check it out! It should be fun!

stampcrazyjulie
06-06-2007, 03:15 PM
Ladies...this is why I ALWAYS am doing Image Swaps....LOL! :) My only suggestion would be that we send in enough so that each swapper get's 3-4 of each image. Nothing like getting only one of an Image that you really like! :)

BeckyButtshaw
06-06-2007, 05:00 PM
I would love to play-I have no Bella stamps or images though,(as much as I love them) so I guess I'll have to wait and see if I even have something that you want...

dreis1
06-06-2007, 07:28 PM
As you know I have many HM and SU sets. I also have a few PSX botanicals. I will be happy to share any images that I have. Just let me know when and where. Glinda

keltie
06-06-2007, 08:25 PM
I'd like to take part as well. It sounds like a great idea. I only have one bella
and no pennyblack but am willing to shsre what I do have.
Heather

Lisa
06-06-2007, 08:30 PM
I think this is an excellent idea. I would much rather spend the price of a postagestamp than the price of the rubber stamp. Plus then, if I love it, I may buy it. I have bought stamps that I think I love, just to get them home to discover I don't know what to do with it. This can be a sort of trial run!

BeckyButtshaw
06-06-2007, 09:04 PM
I do have some of the new SU stamps from the new catalog....

GSMom385
06-07-2007, 01:06 AM
Count me in, I love image trades, however you decide to do it.

Paula Carden
06-07-2007, 06:59 AM
I think it is a great idea- I have really enjoyed making the cards with the virtual images- I must catch up posting this weekend. It is fun, sometimes I am like you I buy stamps that are fairly expensive and then don't use them much because I don't have new ideas.
This would be a great way to have more images and share them with lots of folks- I noticed your Halloween and Snowman filled up right away- You guys will share lots of images. I am jealous(ha,ha).

teabear
06-07-2007, 11:04 AM
I completely agree and love the VS and image swaps. I do have one request though. I never know what kind of ink has been used on the image. It would be great to identify that in some way or ask that staz-on be used. I've ruined images before with water-coloring and having the ink bleed.

GrammaStamper
06-07-2007, 11:36 AM
I think this is a terrific idea. Also, I think that all images should be stamped using StazOn, that way we can colour however we wish. Good point, Tami.

Fief14
06-07-2007, 11:57 AM
I have made changes in the Wish List Swap Post to reflect that images be stamped in Black waterproof ink. That was a good point-thank for brining it up.

Has everyone who posted in this thread signed up for the swap? We need lots of participants to make this swap a success. Come on, Join in! We can all help in fulfilling each other's stamping wishes!!! :-)

JBgreendawn
06-16-2007, 10:04 AM
I have not signed up for the swap, (yet)
but i am game to share any of the images i have....
I'm just poking around in here trying to learn all the new boards and what they feel like.

Sometimes i buy images with one person in mind and then i only use them once so, those would probably be good ones to add to the pile is my guess...
I stamp mine with black India ink ( it is waterproof ) but without the head splitting smell of stayzon...
(when i stamp in brown its usually versafine vintage sepia) i really need to find a waterproof brown. (any ideas?)