PDA

View Full Version : Speaking of Paris...

ellie
06-07-2007, 11:09 PM
I found out today that someone I know hit and killed a pedestrian Tue. night. It was a DUI. She fled the scene and kept driving until the car gave out...she broke the radiator when she hit the guard rails...that is where the cops found her. She is only 23 and comes from a great family. She is in the hospital under suicide watch now. I know that what she did is terribly wrong and that she needs to be punished--that goes without saying, but my heart goes out to her and her family ... what causes a child who is loved and cherished like this be so troubled. What a nightmare!

MyRnAbS
06-07-2007, 11:15 PM
OMG!! Poor girl. These young people just go out drinking and think it can't happen to them. I believe she just freaked out with the accident, and fled. Poor Poor girl. Regardless of anything she will always carry that horrible accident engraved in her heart.

On a different subject, I'm already advising my oldest dd that if she ever drinks and feels too drunk to drive to sit it out for a couple of hours without drinking that it usually wears down. If not to please please please call me and I won't ask her any questions I will just be her taxi. Same goes if she is left stranded with a drunk driver. I'M HERE!!! Geez, I'm hoping she never takes a drink, but that's wishful thinking!!

ellie
06-07-2007, 11:24 PM
Myrna, you are doing all you can. I think it's really good to talk and talk and talk some more to your kids. I just can't imagine what these poor parent's are going through. Her father picked her up at the scene and then committed her to the hospital.

MyRnAbS
06-07-2007, 11:29 PM
OMG!! Poor family! I'm going to keep them in my prayers. I feel so sad now.