PDA

View Full Version : Tomorrow is my Prismacolor Pencil Class with Terry Medaris

mahodgman
06-08-2007, 05:16 PM
I'm so excited about my class tomorrow, I can hardly stand it! I'm excited to meet Terry, and learn all I can about shading and coloring with Prismacolor pencils. I hope I have tons to report back tomorrow afternoon!

Update: I just retruned from taking 2 Terry Medaris classes...hee hee...there was room in the second class, so I decided to stay for it too. Check out the face I colored! Isn't it cool? Mine doesn't look nearly as great as his, but I'm pretty excited about it. The other piece I did is pretty boring because it was just practicing his blending techniques. I had an awsome day!

Ok, so here are the basic tips I can think to share with you right now. You have to press hard on the pencil and get some color down. If you don't, you just get sort of a pastel look which is ok, but it is not as cool as the rich color. Then you pick 3 colors that are similar and a light, a medium and a dark. Then in between where one color ends and the other starts, you do tiny little circles of color in the first color and then in the second color. Then you do bigger circles. This blends them. I'm sure I'll think of more later, but I'm tired now. I'll post a pic of me with Terry later too.

I guess you can't upload a photo with an update, so I'll put it at the bottom of the thread.

MyRnAbS
06-08-2007, 05:18 PM
OH.....Oh.....Oh......I'm subcribing because I want to hear all about this!! Have lots of fun, and I hope you learn a lot!

inkinupstamps
06-08-2007, 05:18 PM
Mary, I can hardly wait to read all about your class! Have a wonderful time (I know you will) and tell us EVERYTHING you learn tomorrow!

tojoco
06-08-2007, 05:20 PM
OMG Mary. I know you will have a blast. Can't wait to hear all that you've learned.

1of2shoes
06-08-2007, 05:34 PM
Hey Mary, tell him HI for me, will ya? He should remember me. Tell him I'm the red-headed troublemaker at Cat's. That's what he called me. Or was it an instigator? Hmmm, either one is fine w/me! Hope you have a great time in class!

teabear
06-08-2007, 09:33 PM
Have a wonderful time! I wish I were there with you to take the advanced class. He's such an amazing teacher!

Sherry
06-08-2007, 09:42 PM
Just so you all know, I have contacted Terry to ask if he might consider doing a video tutorial for us. I'm not sure he'll go for it but it definitely doesn't hurt to ask. Of course, I told him that we would compensate him for his efforts. I'll let you know what he says :)

Christie
06-08-2007, 09:43 PM
You should hide a camera in your purse so you can post a video for us! LOL!! I hope you have a great time and learn lots so you can come back and share your new tips with us!

1of2shoes
06-08-2007, 09:43 PM
Oh Sherry, that would be ever so cool! Please keep us posted.

mahodgman
06-09-2007, 01:06 AM
Wow, that would be really cool if he would agree to do a video! I'll be sure to mention that I heard about his class at the Shack! Honestly, I'd never heard of him before Debbie posted about him a couple of months back.

Paula Carden
06-09-2007, 01:22 PM
I use purples, pinks, greens a lot, but then you need red, yellow and orange too and a good blue.
Just my opinion-I love my pencils.
Got a good deal on ebay for the large tin.
It sounds exciting to be taking this class-post your work!

iloveflipflops
06-09-2007, 01:29 PM
Oh I can't wait to hear either. Post your creations!! I really need to take this class one day!!!!

mahodgman
06-09-2007, 09:37 PM
Here is my face!

MyRnAbS
06-09-2007, 10:55 PM
I'm speechless!!! Is that what you colored? Or did you draw your face first and then colored? OMG!!! That's amazing! You so have to teach me, I want to be able to do that!!! :cry2: I $cuk at it!! Please excuse my bluntness, but it's the truth!

mahodgman
06-09-2007, 11:00 PM
I'm speechless!!! Is that what you colored? Or did you draw your face first and then colored? OMG!!! That's amazing! You so have to teach me, I want to be able to do that!!! :cry2: I $cuk at it!! Please excuse my bluntness, but it's the truth!

The image was drawn by the teacher, Terry Medaris, he is the artist not me. We (the students) all told him he should make this into a stamp, and we would buy it. There was another design too that was really cool. Anyway, yes, this is what I colored. I don't think I could teach you because I can barely do it myself, but I do highly recommend this teacher! He is awsome. Go to your lss and ask them to invite him to teach! He lives in Arizona and travels around doing shows and classes.

Christie
06-09-2007, 11:34 PM
You did a great job on your face!! Sounds like you had a ton of fun!

MyRnAbS
06-09-2007, 11:41 PM
Okay I will try but I don't have a local LSS But there's one about an hour and 1/2 away from me, I think I can manage that. TFS!! I love your face!!

teabear
06-10-2007, 12:05 AM
That's awesome Mary! Thanks for sharing. It looks like you took the advanced class. I have that face...I'm gonna try to color like you!

mjbonoan
06-10-2007, 12:12 AM
That is awesome... I love your face!!!

MyRnAbS
06-10-2007, 12:15 AM
That's awesome Mary! Thanks for sharing. It looks like you took the advanced class. I have that face...I'm gonna try to color like you!

If you don't mind me asking, where did you get that face stamp? I love it!

1of2shoes
06-10-2007, 02:03 AM
Very nice coloring, Mary. So did you take all the classes or just class #3?

mahodgman
06-10-2007, 09:08 AM
Very nice coloring, Mary. So did you take all the classes or just class #3?

I think it was class #1 and #3. I was going to double check his website, but I can't find the link right now. Isn't class #2 where you do tiles and dominos? Everyone was up in arms that the store wasn't offering that class after we saw his tumbled tiles, they were awsome!

mahodgman
06-10-2007, 09:10 AM
If you don't mind me asking, where did you get that face stamp? I love it!

The face isn't a stamp. Terry drew it and then copied it for his classes. We all told him we would buy it if he made it into a stamp!