PDA

View Full Version : Erin or other You Tubers

suzi_f
06-09-2007, 10:38 PM
My son is obsessed w/a video called Charlie the Unicorn. I watched it & just don't get it. Is it "ok"? I mean I know it's STUPID but, it doesn't have any deep meaning or isn't in some way dirty?? I'm so out of it, don't know what's bad anymore (still don't know what a Hollenback Girl is but I know it's NOT something I should sing along with. LOL)

MyRnAbS
06-09-2007, 11:35 PM
Suzi,
Let me go and check that out, I'm obssesed with one myself, but it's a spanish one. I'll tell you what I can gather. BRB

Christie
06-09-2007, 11:43 PM
Ok, I tried to watch the entire thing but it was just.....well silly. I didn't see anything wrong with what I saw but then I didn't see it all.

Erin K
06-09-2007, 11:47 PM
I hated it. They trick him into having his kidney stolen like in the urban myth... I have to say I wouldn't let my kids watch it, but I'm a huge prude. It's not secretly bad, I think it's just openly terrible.

Erin K
06-09-2007, 11:48 PM
OH and it's a Holla Back. Like you are hollaing at your kids.

MyRnAbS
06-09-2007, 11:56 PM
OMG!! I actually saw the whole thing. How old are your kids? I would let my oldest dd watch it, she'll be 13 in Sept. the reason I would let her is for her to recognize how easily anyone can bribe us into something we don't want to do. Another point is never trust anyone!! But I wouldn't let me 6 yr. old watch it, well not yet. I liked the way those horses would dance :shocked:

suzi_f
06-10-2007, 07:02 AM
He's 10.5 and not only does he watch it, he's got it MEMORIZED. He just laughs & laughs. I'm like it's totally STUPID!!! He says it's "comdey". Maybe I'm just raising the next Will Ferrel fan (No offense to those of you who like him, I just can not stand that guy!) I never thought of making a lesson out of it. Hmmm, that ought to take the fun right out of it. And stop him from saying "shun the non-believer" all the time!

1of2shoes
06-10-2007, 01:18 PM
I watched it. It's just dumb. Some people just make dumb stuff. I don't think it's really harmful for a kid to watch, but then I am a very liberal-minded Mom. My kid is almost 27 and he watched that stuff and he's not demented or a criminal. They have to be able to figure out what's real and what's not real and what's just plain comedy. That's the world. We can't protect them from everything. Did I say too much? Probably. I'm shutting up now.

se_stamper
06-10-2007, 03:20 PM
Ugh, my 13 yo son watches it from time to time...dumb dumb dumb. I can't stand hearing it.. :err: