PDA

View Full Version : Sopranos season finale

irishchristine
06-11-2007, 07:40 AM
Did anyone see it? I liked it but did not Love it. At the end they left it too open. Maybe they will make a movie in a couple years and wrap it up. I loved this show and I will really miss it!!

Spartymom
06-11-2007, 08:01 AM
I love the Sopranos. We (DH & I) don't have HBO so we have to rent the series. We haven't watched the last two series so we are really behind!

Clarissa
06-11-2007, 08:46 AM
Did anyone see it? I liked it but did not Love it. At the end they left it too open. Maybe they will make a movie in a couple years and wrap it up. I loved this show and I will really miss it!!

I feel the same way, but looking at it I am not sure they could have done justice any other way without having another season or 2 for the plots to unfold. Although they could have had an all out war... based on last weeks episode that's where I though they were going with it.

I am still upset that Deadwood is not coming back (although they say there will be a movie to end the series)

1of2shoes
06-11-2007, 01:42 PM
I think no matter how they ended the Sopranos, half the viewers would've been mad or disappointed. I both like and hate the ending. I wanted closure, but not sure I wanted what they were going to give us. This ending left it wide open, or did it? Did Tony Soprano set himself up for a killing to avoid the Grand Jury, or did he just have a nice dinner with family? hmmmm

I can't wait for Big Love to start. I also wish there were more Carnivale shows. I loved that show. Deadwood is not my cup o' tea. I recorded "John from Cincinnati". Did anyone watch that?

jewele803
06-11-2007, 02:17 PM
I was so disappointed w/ the ending...for a moment, I thought our cable had gone out...we had only kept HBO to finish up the season and are calling to cancel it today. I don't know if I will even watch a movie if they decide to go that way...this season was mostly a disappointment!

MyRnAbS
06-11-2007, 04:35 PM
I HATED IT!!! I can't believe I waited an entire hour to go to the restroom for that freagin ending!!! I am so angry!!! I even thought my TV had gone haywire!! Sometimes it turns off (well the direct TV does not my tv) I was like OMG where's the remote!! And then nothing!!!! I hated it!!!! If they make a movie, I'm in. I have heard that there will be no movie, but who knows.

inkinupstamps
06-11-2007, 04:43 PM
I haven't ever watched any of the episodes (the language is too coarse for my delicate ears) but my husband LOVED the show. He watched it last night. At first I heard him yell and I ran into the room to see what was wrong. Then he said, "You know? It really was the best way to end the show. It wasn't what I expected but then that is why the show was so great. Ya just never knew."

So my hubby thought it was ok...though he was surprised. For myself, I did a little crafting and ironing. LOL

MyRnAbS
06-11-2007, 05:34 PM
Jennifer,
Your dh is 100% correct, tell him I said!! I'm still a little freaked out about all this. I guess I just feel empty. You know the sort of feeling you get when you finish reading a book? Well that's how I feel because I know there will be no more of my beloved family.....opps I meant Sopranos. I did love their language :shocked: I'm a little weird, I love foul language, right Mary Jayne? :cute:

irishchristine
06-11-2007, 09:42 PM
I also thought the directtv went out but just as I thought that the credits rolled. I think the ending was just another day in the life. Having dinner with the family. They just want to keep you guessing what happens to them.But I really thought there was going to be a shot out in the diner and with Meadow not knowing how to park I was almost sure of it!!

MyRnAbS
06-11-2007, 09:52 PM
Me too, I was already having hysterics with meadow. I was like park that thing already!!! I was hoping they'd kill her, OKay I'm only playing. Yes that was it, a normal day in the sopranos lives.