PDA

View Full Version : If its not one thing, its another (with me anyway)

iloveflipflops
06-11-2007, 12:17 PM
I have been begging my DH for days to go out into the woods to check on the millions of blackberries we have. Last year they were starting to ripen around Father's Day and I remember how fast they do ripen once they start. So we went out on the gator (slowly over the bumpy parts) and what do I see?! LOADS of ripened blackberries - of course, I had to pick a few. I only picked about 30 and guess what I think I have once again ---

CHIGGARS!!!!

Remember the misery I was in last year? I am just not believing it!! How can those little tiny bugs find me that fast? No one else got bit but me. Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah!

And on top of that, I have a call into my dr as I started to bleed yesterday "down south" (or "down under" as Sarah puts it) so I hope that doesn't mean anything ... its not bad but it hasnt' bled before so I just him to be aware of it. Its also NOT looking any better :(.

ccstampin12
06-11-2007, 12:23 PM
Geez, Sherri,
Sorry to hear this...you take care...hoping you will mend quickly....do see your doctor...seems like maybe it shouldn't be bleeding at this point.
Good Luck (with the chigger bites too)
HUGS
Joanie

cindi
06-11-2007, 12:35 PM
awww Sherri
I'm sorry to hear of your problems, I hope all os ok "down south"
take care
:)

Spartymom
06-11-2007, 12:37 PM
I hope that you quickly heal soon. Darn chiggers.

ellie
06-11-2007, 01:17 PM
Oh Sherri! I can't believe this. What kind of clothes did you have on when you went to pick the bbs? My friend is a surveyor and he has to wear long pants and high boots. He shoves his pant legs down into the boots and duct tapes it closed...same with his shirt. BTW, what do they do for chiggers anyway? We yankees didn't have to deal with.

MidwestStamper
06-11-2007, 02:11 PM
That sounds completely miserable--are you itchy? Also, are you on some kind of antibiotics while your incision is healing? I don't remember if you mentioned that before.

Christie
06-11-2007, 02:20 PM
Sherri that just stinks! I think the stitches came out to soon. I hope it all heals up soon!

teabear
06-11-2007, 02:23 PM
Good grief girl! Stay in bed or on the couch for a while and rest. Let the birds have the blackberries this year. I hope you get better quick.

Erin K
06-11-2007, 03:56 PM
sheesh! Sheesh

hbpuppy
06-11-2007, 04:06 PM
That sucks Sherri. No more running through blackberry fields for you.

moon_beam23
06-11-2007, 04:10 PM
Sherri, I didn't know what chiggers were so I had to go look up what they are! OMG as if you didn't have enough to deal with! I hope that the things look up for you soon, and you get rid of them and the itching. And that your booboo heals soon!

MyRnAbS
06-11-2007, 04:29 PM
I'm so sorry to hear this!!

lisaguyon
06-11-2007, 05:27 PM
Like you needed something else to deal with...chiggers suck....as for the other...has the doc called you back yet?

iloveflipflops
06-11-2007, 05:58 PM
Yes another dr called me back and said just to keep an eye on it and if i get a fever I should call so I guess I wait till Friday for my normal appt.

suzi_f
06-11-2007, 07:02 PM
Ok, would chiggers be repelled by Avon Skin So Soft. I personally am repelled (but I don't think I'm a chigger. How can I check??) by the scent & I know people use it for mosquito repellant. Or, maybe a beekeeper suit??? That could work. You poor baby. How did you finally get rid of them last year??

gigibee
06-11-2007, 07:47 PM
Chiggers by themselves are annoying and the itch is incredible. I hope you soon find relief from the chiggers and the problem down south. I know this must just be so frustrating for you. Good Luck!

Konnie