PDA

View Full Version : Bummer...

ellie
06-13-2007, 08:39 AM
The air conditioning upstairs pooped out yesterday. I was trying to clean my stamp room and I kept thinking wow, it is so hot and humid up here...I didn't realize the air was out. I thought I was just working hard HA! Anyway, that is where all the beds are and we are having company this weekend! It is hard for a Yankee living in the south to be without air. Hopefully, someone can fix it today. :swoon:

Spartymom
06-13-2007, 08:54 AM
I hate having the AC on. But it's been in the 80's all week. Not all that humid, but we did break down and turned on the air. HOpe you get yours fixed soon.

ellie
06-13-2007, 11:33 AM
I couldn't survive down here without air. I didn't have it when we lived in CT...just a window unit and we didn't use that until late summer. Here in sunny NC, it is waaay too hot for me...I am really a snow baby.

lisaguyon
06-13-2007, 11:34 AM
OHHH I could not make it without AC. Ours has been on since March I think.

Try to stay cool and hopefully they will get it fixed real soon.

Lisa

ellie
06-13-2007, 02:04 PM
Well, the repairman is on his way. We have to turn the HEAT up as high as it will go so they don't have to defrost the unit! If I didn't think it would scare him away, I would put my bathing suit on. GEEEZZZZ

logcabincreations
06-13-2007, 02:06 PM
lol.....good luck!!

gigibee
06-13-2007, 06:52 PM
Good Luck but fortunately it went out before your guests arrived. Hopefully, he will have it up and cooling quickly.

Konnie

ellie
06-13-2007, 06:59 PM
We are up and running....mmmmm nothing like cool air on a hot day!

iloveflipflops
06-13-2007, 08:15 PM
Hip Hip Hooray. Glad to hear your A/C is working again. Who is coming to visit?

ellie
06-13-2007, 08:53 PM
Jeremy has 2 girls visiting from Utah. They all play this online game together...he and his 3 brothers and several friends. They have met people from Maryland, Arizona, and now Utah. I know I shouldn't worry but it IS the internet! I hope we are alive in the morning! At least we will be cool...Ha Ha!

Christie
06-14-2007, 07:54 AM
It is hard for a Yankee living in the south to be without air.

LOL! It's hard for us who were born and raised down south to be without air too!! I hope you can find someone to come out and fix it for ya before company arrives!!

Patty
06-14-2007, 05:19 PM
no one will smell the bodies for quite a while!! Glad to hear your air is back on--You know you can always bring your stamps up here until the crisis passes--after all--what are sisters for??:laugh:

shuggy
06-14-2007, 05:23 PM
if it's not humid, they probably won't mind!!! it's so dry here. when it's 10% humidity i hate it!!

when we moved into our townhouse, the a/c died after 3 months on a friday night (of course!)...it was in june. the hottest june in a long time! our bedroom faced west and was over the garage, which made it an oven. we ended up spending the weekend at my moms!!! what had happened was the builder of the houses hadn't put in enough of the gas they used to keep it cool.

ellie
06-14-2007, 10:40 PM
I think that's why I don't like the heat...it isn't so much the heat as it is the humidity. I hate the feeling of always feeling sweaty. Even after you take a shower, you don't feel dry....YUCK