PDA

View Full Version : Those with young children/grandchildren

inkinupstamps
06-13-2007, 08:06 PM
This might sound dumb but Paul and I want to know. Do they still make the moulded plastic wading pools for children?

When my kids were very young I remember getting them a moulded hard plastic wading pool. It was shaped like a turtle and even had a turtle slide in it.

Do they not make these anymore?

We just spent the entire afternoon searching the area for a moulded hard plastic wading pool. YES! It will be for the dogs!:P Bella needs something to cool off in and so will the puppy. But we cannot find a single solitary one anywhere. The inflatable ones or those with the metal sides won't work for the dogs.

Anyone know where to find these? Years ago they'd be stacked up outside Walmarts and grocery and hardware stores. Nope! Not now. At least not here.

alh
06-13-2007, 08:08 PM
Check Wal-Mart.

Anita

Spartymom
06-13-2007, 08:10 PM
I know they sell them at Kmart!

inkinupstamps
06-13-2007, 08:10 PM
We went to walmart first. Not a single one there. It is a big super walmart too.

inkinupstamps
06-13-2007, 08:11 PM
Hmm...we do not have Kmart

iloveflipflops
06-13-2007, 08:13 PM
Target?! I know I have seen them there.

inkinupstamps
06-13-2007, 08:15 PM
Well shoot! We don't have Target in Canada. I've heard that someday Target might come here but so far, nope.

teabear
06-13-2007, 08:19 PM
They do still make them, but I don't know where in your area to send you. Bella does need a big wading pool!

ellie
06-13-2007, 08:46 PM
I just looked at them in W-mart! My friend was looking for one for her little nieces...I think it was on Thurs. They were outside right near the garden center. Too bad you don't live closer. What about a Toy's R Us?

ellie
06-13-2007, 08:49 PM
I just had a thought. If you can't find a pool, what about the plastic thingies they sell at home depot for small backyard ponds! I have seen different sizes and shapes and I don't think they are too deep. I don't know how much they are though.

Erin K
06-13-2007, 09:01 PM
That's a good idea Ellie

I remember someone in my neighborhood had this huge metal tub thing we played in. I don't know if something like that would work?

My3Ds
06-13-2007, 09:35 PM
Jennifer - have you tried a pet store like Pet Mart? Here's an alternate idea, the stores have plastic sandboxes shaped like turtles (and maybe other styles) that also have a lid. Maybe this would work also. Just have to ditch the lid.

MyRnAbS
06-13-2007, 09:48 PM
Yes they still sell them like everyone has suggested check wally. If not then go to your local vet, and ask them to show you a few water bowls, or whatever they are called. Those should last you a good amount of years.

inkinupstamps
06-13-2007, 09:49 PM
I just had a thought. If you can't find a pool, what about the plastic thingies they sell at home depot for small backyard ponds! I have seen different sizes and shapes and I don't think they are too deep. I don't know how much they are though.

I saw one of those backyard pond liners and it was perfect....except the price. It was $100 just for the liner. But you are right, it is perfect otherwise.

I just can't believe our Walmart, Home Depot, Canadian Tire...none of those places had them. Maybe Sears will. We don't have as many discount (like Walmart) chains here.

GSMom385
06-13-2007, 10:25 PM
http://www.genfoam.com/cgi-bin/webc.exe/pools.html?sid=16qIPw1kL7tWADG-13107573019.cb Are these what you are looking for? They have a link on their web site of retailers that sell their pools too. Hopefully that will help you find someone close to you that has them.

1of2shoes
06-14-2007, 01:24 AM
Or how about this: go to a feed store and get a watering trough. I know they sell big ones for horses and cattle. Some are oblong, but many of them are very large and round. Hope this helps. Poor puppies!

cindi
06-14-2007, 01:42 AM
because I don't order much online ... but
Can you mail order one from Walmart or another store in your area?? or better yet, get them to have one shipped to their store??
Good luck.
:)

moosemama
06-14-2007, 09:39 AM
I just saw some at Kroger today. I'll bet there aren't kroger's in your area. Do you guys have ACE hardware stores? I would think they have them, they have everything!!

workin4stamps
06-14-2007, 12:42 PM
I have been looking for one of these too! I was wondering the same thing! I have not been out looking as hard as you have, but I've had it in the back of my mind, and I have NOT seen any in any stores or I would have bought them! It's good to know there should be some out there though, because we need to get one soon!!!

:-)
Traci

prdesigns
06-14-2007, 12:46 PM
Toys R Us???

workin4stamps
06-14-2007, 03:46 PM
I saw somewhere online that Petsmart sells pools for dogs. Do you have Petsmart??

Traci