PDA

View Full Version : sick again.. or still

Erin K
06-14-2007, 09:13 AM
I can't believe this! I woke up at 4am in soooo much pain. I have that same stomach thing. I have that Imodium crap but it's not working. I "went" TWELVE times just sense 4!

Brian can absolutely not miss work today, it's his day to report what all he's done in the past month and get his "files" out. There is no one who would know how to do what he does because they outsourced his team so the only other guy is in India and is new and doesn't know what's going on. So even if he stayed home he'd have to be on the phone all day, because heaven forbid people not get the right credit card offers! (note my exasperation) My MIL can't come up today either.

Please pray my kids are good because I can barely take care of myself let alone them.

What do I do? Will my Dr be able to help me? By the time I get to see him then a GI person I'm sure I will be cured or dead so what's the point.

Brian gave me a blessing, it didn't say I was gonna die...

iloveflipflops
06-14-2007, 09:30 AM
Oh you poor thing. I wish I lived closer!!! Do I need to send you a cute get well card to make you all better???

Fief14
06-14-2007, 10:32 AM
Erin, I hope you feel better soon. It sounds awful! Just be careful & try to drink lots of fluids. "Going" that many times so quickly will make you dehydrated fast. If that happens you will be in a "worser" state & you may not be able to care for the kids. Dehydration can make you pass out & shouldn't be taken lightly. Is there a neighbor nearby you can call if you need help? I think you should make it a point to get to a DR. today--even if it means taking the kids with you, especially if you have some type of bug--you need to get it treated appropriately so they don't get it.

Please keep us posted.

Erin K
06-14-2007, 10:38 AM
Dr can't see me until tomorrow.

So this is gross but...

My friend Lani said I should bring a stool sample to the appointment! Because they may need one anyhow and why wait. What do you think about that??? She said she has another friend here in town who went though this and it was a parasite! EWWWW. Why on earth would something want to live in my intestines? Anyhow...

so I put Ethan back to bed, he got woken up all early by sick mommy and he was crabby so I decided he needed a nap. I"m letting Stephen watch TV ALL DAY which I never do so he's happy.

I'm trying to drink a lot. I feel all sloshy when I do but I don't want to get dehydrated.

Brian is coming home early today and taking tomorrow off.

Lani may bring dinner, she asked if I wanted her to and of course I did but being an idiot instead of saying, "Yes, thank you" I said, "Oh you don't NEED to do that... but if you do I'd love it... but whatever" Like a passive agressive jerk! Why can't I just say, "Please help me by doing that, I appreciate it" Anyhow doesn't matter I'm not making dinner either way.

Sherri I wish you were here too but with your no-no issue we'd just be pitiful together.

laos348
06-14-2007, 11:00 AM
I am so sorry to hear that you are sick again - I wasn't doing too great on Sunday and lived on saltines all day. And if for one day Stephen has to watch tv, that's okay, you need to rest and get better. Take care of yourself.

Laura

cindi
06-14-2007, 11:39 AM
that your feeling so sick!
I can't imagine how hard that must be with 2 active little boys to take of !!
I hope you feel better soon.
Hugs
:)

emmcee
06-14-2007, 11:46 AM
Maybe your dr. will prescribe some Lomotil for you. I keep it on hand as much as I can because my DH has diarrhea from time to time & the Imodium doesn't seem to work as well. And try to drink some Gatorade, it has the electrolytes you lose with diarrhea. I hope you feel better soon and I hope the little boys are good little guys today for you.:mask:

ellie
06-14-2007, 11:59 AM
Oh Erin, I am so sorry. I think the sample is a good thing. It will help the dr. rule things out. Also, is there a chance you might have IBS (irritable bowel syndrome) or colitis? Have you ever had a sigmoidoscopy or a colonoscopy? I know you must feel weak and tired...try to get some rest and make sure to drink plenty of water.

shuggy
06-14-2007, 12:54 PM
i'm sorry you are still so sick!!

Erin K
06-14-2007, 01:42 PM
Well my friend Lani came over and sat and visited for a while It was really nice. She also brought food! Two huge loaves of bread, a dinner thing from Costco that I just have to put in the oven and a bag of salad (also from Costco). It made me feel really good.

I've eaten a tiny bit and feel ok still but am a mess at the same time.