PDA

View Full Version : I'm Back from Wyoming!

toao
06-14-2007, 07:52 PM
Hey everyone. We got back from Yellowstone yesterday morning at 5:30. I got 3 hours of sleep after we got home and then woke up. (So I got 3 hours in 36 hours) Wow, I was a zombie when I went to bed at 8:30 last night.

Anyway....Our trip was amazing! (Except for the plane rides...YUCK!) We had quite the adventure. We saw Buffalo, Elk, Mule deer, Coyotes and their babies, a fox, a WOLF, and about 6 grizzly bears, one of which had 2 cubs, and 1 black bear. We also saw tons of chipmunks, and ground squirrels, and yellow bellied marmots. (they're like a ground hog)

It also snowed the second day we were there, so Tori and I both got to see our first snow together. I'm glad to be back home. I'm not even going to TRY to catch up on posts from the last week. I see that things have changed around here. Thank you Sherry for keeping things fresh. If anything MAJOR happened, someone please let me know. Hope you all have had a fabulous week. I missed you!

Mary

Update: I have NOT posted any pictures any where yet. I'm still waiting for DH to get them loaded on the computer off of his memory cards. I think he took close to 1200 pictures and I took about 200. He has turned out to be QUITE the photographer. I'm very pleased. We're talking almost national geographic pics here people.

GrammaStamper
06-14-2007, 07:53 PM
Glad you're home safe and sound, Mary. Sounds like you had a fabulous time. Hopefully pictures will appear somewhere!

tojoco
06-14-2007, 07:57 PM
Welcome home Mary. Sounds like you and your family had a blast.

My3Ds
06-14-2007, 08:05 PM
Hey! Glad you're back. I was wondering about you the other day. Sounds like you guys had fun. How wonderful that you guys got to see your 1st snow fall together. So, what did you think of the snow? Can't wait to see the pics. Go get some sleep.

cindi
06-14-2007, 08:20 PM
I have missed you!
Glad you had a great trip..how fun that you & Tori got to see your first snow together!!!:nod:
I can't wait to se some pics!!
:)

iloveflipflops
06-14-2007, 08:23 PM
Glad you guys had a fabulous time! I have never been out there myself. Go get some rest and report back when you are well rested :). No moose?

emmcee
06-14-2007, 08:35 PM
Sounds like you had a grand time. Looking forward to seeing your pics. Did Tori like the snow?

ellie
06-14-2007, 10:14 PM
Hi Mary!
I am glad you are back...we missed you! That is such a wonderful place - I can't wait to see your pictures. How did you like the snow?

Erin K
06-14-2007, 10:16 PM
good to have you back! :)

tesschap
06-14-2007, 10:24 PM
Welcome back. I can't wait to see your pictures.

BeckyButtshaw
06-14-2007, 10:41 PM
Glad you're back-can't wait to see pics!

ps-we found out that we're expecting a little girl :)

toao
06-15-2007, 12:31 AM
I was surprised by the fluffy cottony feel of new snow. I expected it to be hard and grainy. I will post pics hopefully in the next couple of days. I'll have to get someone to teach me how to post them as a thumbnail on here. If I can't figure that out, then they'll be "elsewhere".

Oh and Sherri......NO MOOSE! Wahhhhhh. I totally wanted to see Moose in the worst way, and to take a pic to send you, but alas it wasn't meant to be. Oh well, we're blessed to have seen all that we did.

Mary

mahodgman
06-15-2007, 09:03 AM
Welcome home, Mary! Posting a thubnail is easy. You have to click on the Go Advanced button on your post as opposed to the Post Quick Reply, then look for the paperclip icon. A pop-up box shows up where you can load your pics from your pc....easy!

LinzyD
06-15-2007, 09:42 AM
I was surprised by the fluffy cottony feel of new snow. I expected it to be hard and grainy. I will post pics hopefully in the next couple of days. I'll have to get someone to teach me how to post them as a thumbnail on here. If I can't figure that out, then they'll be "elsewhere".

Oh and Sherri......NO MOOSE! Wahhhhhh. I totally wanted to see Moose in the worst way, and to take a pic to send you, but alas it wasn't meant to be. Oh well, we're blessed to have seen all that we did.

Mary

Sometimes I forget that not everyone has snow where they live. Amazing, isn't it? I LOVE snow! Glad you're back, Mary!