PDA

View Full Version : The difference between boys and girls

ellie
06-15-2007, 06:21 PM
Being the mom of 4 sons, I am use to getting mostly grunts for answers and not too much conversation. It is like pulling teeth....I mean, they are great kids and all ... just not talkers. DH is the same way. Anyway, yesterday, I get an e-mail from my dil letting me know that my youngest son has invited them and about 20 of his friends over to swim. She knows the situation and just wanted to make sure I was aware!!! I am fine with the kids being here - I love having them - that is why we got the pool in the first place. I just want to be prepared with sodas and food for all of them. I mentioned it to him last night...I said "So I hear you are having a party on Fri. night." He says, "Oh yeah, I was gonna tell you." Gotta Love 'em! I am so grateful for my dil...finally, another girl in the house. Are all boys like this? :wacko:

MidwestStamper
06-15-2007, 06:25 PM
I have two sons: the older one is quiet and rarely will sit and talk. BUT my younger ones loves to "chat" and will often come and sit with us just to talk. So I would always joke "I have one son that anything I say is too much, and the other son thinks we could all be more chatty!"

teabear
06-15-2007, 06:26 PM
LOL Ellie. I hope I have a DIL someday. It's hard being the only one with female hormones. Good luck tonight.

tojoco
06-15-2007, 08:55 PM
Oh yes yes yes. DH is not a talker at all except to complain about something I did or didn't do. I do have conversation with DS sometimes but now all of a sudden those 17 yo hormones are kicking in and I'll get a grunt and/or groan.

prdesigns
06-15-2007, 10:32 PM
Well in my house, yes the dd (12)is more talkative. DS(14) is a yacker however when it comes to sports facts or history facts. It's funny.... mom's at school always ask people with girls what they know about the dance, or a school event, what were on the announcements etc... Seems boys are notorious for the huh? what? I don't know? Nobody told me? I wan't listening, I DON'T CARE!!! Then it's why didn't anybody tell me!!!

MyRnAbS
06-16-2007, 02:28 AM
I'm so glad you are telling us this! I wasn't lucky enough to have a boy, and I have two girls. They sure are talkers! They want to share and know everything. Sometimes you're just better of not talking, KWIM? It can get very hard to answer some of the weird questions. Another thing that you missed is menstrual! You can start doing your happy dance right about now ;) I had a hard time explaining this one!! I had to buy a book for reinforcements. All in all, if you want I can swap you one of mine for one of yours ;) I'm glad that you'll have four daughters in the future!!! TFS your fun story I enjoyed reading it.