PDA

View Full Version : stupid lawsuit

ellie
06-16-2007, 10:23 PM
OK, has anyone heard about the man who is sueing the dry cleaner who lost his pants for $64,000,000? :wideeyed:The customer is actually a judge and he is taking them to court because the receipt states "satisfaction guranteed". The poor couple who own the store have offered him $12,000 to settle and he won't. They said that they have spent many thousands of dollars on legal fees and may be forced to move back to Korea. I am sorry, I think this is disgusting. What is someone like this doing on the bench? I know that most of the people who are hearing this want this man disbarred. Mean people really stink!!!

Firecracker
06-16-2007, 10:26 PM
That is a stupid lawsuit. I would think the courts would throw it out. Hugs, Heather

Erin K
06-16-2007, 10:34 PM
I think this is when a countersuit is appropriate. This is obscene I can't believe this man is acting like this. What is the point he's trying to prove. The message I'm getting is, "I think I'm better than these people if they don't do what I want I will destroy them." It makes me so angry.

ellie
06-16-2007, 11:45 PM
I agree with you Erin...and the fact that this man is a judge makes it even worse. How did someone like that get on the bench in the first place. Because of him, these poor, hard-working people may loose everything they have. How do people sleep.
Personally, I don't think it should even be allowed to go to trial in the first place...this kind of stuff makes a mockery of our judicial system.

MyRnAbS
06-16-2007, 11:51 PM
OMG!! They must have ruined something really nice? That is just plain stupid!! How can you sue for that much? Even 12,000 seems a bit steep don't you think? They do need to disbar (sp) that monster!!! I'd hate to be indicted with him sitting on that bench :shocked:

Erin K
06-17-2007, 12:28 AM
It was suit pants that were worth like $700 or maybe $700 for the whole suit? Anyhow he was "distressed" because he couldn't wear his favorite pants on his first day as a judge. It's totally discusting. It's heartbreaking that they may have to leave over this.

MyRnAbS
06-17-2007, 12:39 AM
Totally RIdiculous! I vote him off his judgeship!!!!

kerry
06-17-2007, 01:40 AM
Yeah, it happened up here. The guy that filed the suit is a lawyer and he's got a repuation for filing these kinds of suits on his behalf...I just think there should be some law against those kind of suits. He should definetly know better, even if they misplaced his so called pants!

Kerry

limeyscrapper
06-17-2007, 08:35 AM
I saw the item on the news about this ridiculous lawsuit.
There was an interview with the Korean immigrant family who are the other side of this dispute. I felt so sorry for them. For a man in his position starting a lawsuit like this smacks of intimidation.
His case should be thrown out of court and he should have to pay the legal costs of the poor family that he has dragged through the legal system.

I also heard on the radio news, that he( the judge ) was recently divorced and that he was flat broke.

Kreative Dryve
06-18-2007, 10:59 PM
I don't know the whole story, but it sounds like this man is a down-right racist!

My other thought is Karma, man is he gonna get his!
Besides he won't need any pants where he is going, they might burn-up!
:twitcy:

~MJ

patg
06-18-2007, 11:14 PM
OMG! What were the pants made off - GOLD? That is absolutely ridiculous! I hope someone steps up to help out this poor couple. Pat

lisaguyon
06-19-2007, 09:07 AM
This is just horrible. He needs a reality check.

loobylou
06-19-2007, 09:33 AM
do you have such a thing as a "vexatious lawsuit' ? where people file for the sake of it just to upset the other party who have actually done no wrong? I mean , obviously they have lost his pants- just buy him some new ones and be done with it! I would say for it to get this far there is a little more behind the story, maybe he asked them to replace it at first and they refused? then he got p*d off with them? I did hear a little on my news a while back. I hope they all see sense and throw it out with an order to replace them
Sarah