PDA

View Full Version : Who lives in/near Witchita??

suzi_f
06-18-2007, 03:14 PM
Dh has a trip to Witchita next month. Is there anything there to make it worth our (the kids & me) while to go?? He was hoping to get another trip to KC or Spfld MO (still haven't seen where my parents moved to). I need to know BEFORE we get home 'cause he's going to book his flight if we're not going with him. Any thoughts?

teabear
06-18-2007, 03:29 PM
I have no idea what's in wichita, but anywhere with a pool is good! Hope you are having a fun today.

iloveflipflops
06-18-2007, 03:46 PM
Why not come further south to the Carolinas? We have our own pool you can swim in :)

suzi_f
06-18-2007, 06:50 PM
Witchita KS. Sherri, I would LOVE to go East but dh's territory is mostly the midwest. He requested Anaheim so the kids could go one last time to Disney but, mostly, he goes where they send him. Plus, I don't know we could drive to NC. I'm not a fan of flying plus, it's costly to take the whole family :P

I don't know whether we should drive out with him or enjoy the peace & quiet of having him gone. LOL.

buggainok
06-18-2007, 07:49 PM
My dd and her family lived in Wichita for a couple of years, and I visited often. It is really a nice town to visit. Kind of low-key, but the town has a lovely river that runs through it and there are beautiful parks on every corner.

It has quite a history from the Old West and there is a great cow town type place to visit. The downtown has a nice shopping district that has been revitalized in old historic buildings - I think they call it Old Town.

All in all, it is a very family friendly place. I would recommend it for a weekend trip. Here is a link to the site with their visitor info:

http://www.wichita.gov/Visitors/

suzi_f
06-18-2007, 08:54 PM
Ok, dh changed plans when he got "home" today. We're going to go 2 weeks later when he goes to Spfld MO. Now, I KNOW Spfld is dull & boring & there is not much to do there. But, my parents moved down there about 3 mos ago & I still haven't seen where they moved. And, my bro & his wife & kids moved down there about 3-4 weeks after my parents (they knew they were going). So, we'll visit w/them.

GSMom385
06-18-2007, 09:50 PM
If you are going to Springfield make sure you take the kids to Bass Pro Shop. Even if your DH is not a sportsman the kids will like the wildlife exibits they have there. My kids had a ball looking at the animals. They even had real ducks you could feed out of your hand when we went thru there on our way to the lake. I thought oh man another sporting goods store, but it was actually a lot of fun and we spent several hours there and were not bored while DH shopped which I am sure is their plan. I would also recommend fantastic caverns, if you are into caves. My kids love them, I really don't care for them and would just as soon stay on the surface while the rest of the family goes, but the kids loved it. Also not sure how you are driving down but there are a couple of awesome stamps stores in St Charles if they are still there. Haven't been for several years. We took the kids to the lake about 4 years ago so it all might have changed by now.