PDA

View Full Version : Cinnamon Pills for Assistance in Weight Loss

dreis1
06-20-2007, 01:32 PM
About the first of June one of the Shackies mentioned she had been taking Cinamon Pills and had lost 30 lbs. Well that caught my attention quickly. To make a long story shot, I have been taking them since and have lost 3 1/2 lbs. Keep in mind that due to knee disabilities I am unable to walk or stand for more than 3 mins at a time. So exercise is out of the question for me.

Research on the net also indicates that it is helpful to diabetics. Helps to keep your bloos sugar regulated. Also helps with regulating your colestrol in check.

I know this is not alot of weight to lose, but when you have done nothing but gain for 3 years, hey I'm happy about it.

I got them at Sam's, 300 in a bottle for $6.88. I take 2 a day for a total of 1000 mlg's a day. Glinda

Nadine
06-20-2007, 01:40 PM
Wow! That is amazing! I'm going to have to keep my eyes open for these. I've never seen them.

cindi
06-20-2007, 01:58 PM
I never of it!!
hmm..I gotta get me some cinnamon pills!!!
Thanks
:)

lisaguyon
06-20-2007, 02:09 PM
Well I gotta try them. I will be looking for them this weekend.

Lisa

Canadian, eh
06-20-2007, 03:42 PM
I'm definately jumping on the band wagon after gaining 70 pounds from my meds. I'm a cinammon nut, and any added cinammon will be a good thing!

Nadine
06-20-2007, 03:48 PM
I'm dropping by Shoppers on my way home this evening to see if I can spot them.

stampcrazyjulie
06-20-2007, 04:26 PM
Hmmmm.....are there any bad side effects? I have 23 pounds that are calling to me that they want to find a new Home and another 10-15 that I want to find another Home! :) I may have to make a run to find some of these as soon as things calm down here at my House!

dreis1
06-20-2007, 05:36 PM
I have had no side effects at all. I am diabetic and this has helped my blood sugar level. HTH Glinda

MyRnAbS
06-20-2007, 05:48 PM
That's it!!! Tomorrow I'm off to Sam's club!!! I am overweight (yes Mary Jayne I am), and I'm a diabetic!! I will keep you guys posted with the progress. TFS!

scrappinnuts
06-20-2007, 05:57 PM
Glinda.. I am so happy they are working for you , 3 1/2 lbs is alot..good for you....I have lost a total of 35 lbs now..even through the stress of my DD recent wedding. My Blood sugar has never been better..and I am not a diabetic yet..but have a strong family history My Blood pressure is back to normal for me..again no High BP but higher than usual...I have been taking cinnamon since Feb. and have had no Ill affects..only good ones..no more carb/sugar cravings, and no ravenous hunger in the am or in the afternoon which was my worst time. I don't know if it will work for everyone.. I just no that it works for me...and now many of my friends are trying it and it is working for them... So good luck to everyone..one word of advice..you must take it every day..and I take mine in the am 1000mg...everyday. Keep us posted. Terry

3darlings
06-20-2007, 06:25 PM
WOW!!! I have about 45 pounds screaming at me! I cannot loose for anything. I guess eating brownies and cookies daily could be a factor in this.....LOL

iloveflipflops
06-20-2007, 06:26 PM
Cinnamon pills???? I think I have gained 10 whole pounds since I have not done anything in 4 weeks and I am getting depressed about that. Maybe I need cinnamon!?! Who told you about this?

dreis1
06-20-2007, 06:27 PM
Terry, thats great. I know how happy that makes you. Looks like I am loosing about a pound a week. Which is fine for me. I am losing it in my stomach. I need to lose it there worse than anyplace. I am so thankful you told me about this. Glinda

dreis1
06-20-2007, 06:30 PM
Sherri, Scrappinnuts mentioned it in one the the diet threads. I saw it and emailed her about them. She was kind enough to hook me up. Go get some cinnamon pills. Glinda

scrappinnuts
06-20-2007, 06:41 PM
Cinnamon pills???? I think I have gained 10 whole pounds since I have not done anything in 4 weeks and I am getting depressed about that. Maybe I need cinnamon!?! Who told you about this?

Sherri... I read about in Readers Digest..But also Dr. OZ..the one form Oprah has it in his book...and I also did some research on the internet. If you have any questions I would be happy to try and help. Terry

kimmyqtgirl
06-20-2007, 07:25 PM
That is so amazing! I never heard of cinnamon pills! Way to go girls!!! I am hoping to get rid of quite a few pounds myself - maybe this will help. Started working out - I walk a mile EVERY day (unless its pouring) and do heavy cardio at least 3 times a week - but it's only week 2! Proud I stuck to it. Usually I hurt so bad I cant work out day 2 :) Terry thanks for the additional input - my big problem is sweet cravings!

HeatherJ
06-20-2007, 08:05 PM
Good for you Glinda! I have never heard of them either, thanks for sharing your success.

3darlings
06-26-2007, 07:44 PM
Since I read this, I have bought the cinnamon pills and have done some research. My husband and I are both taking them, 2ce a day. I will let you know the progress as we go. :)

hutchink
06-26-2007, 07:50 PM
I got some too!

~K

Christie
07-08-2007, 03:53 PM
Ok I just bought some cinnamon pills today. Now do you take them both at once or do you take like one with breakfast and one with dinner?

Nadine
07-08-2007, 04:25 PM
I can't find them anywhere! Any Canadians had any success in finding them and willing to share where?

ccstampin12
07-08-2007, 04:34 PM
WOW!
Cinammon pills. I wonder.......hmmmmmm.
DH is diabetic and overweight....I'm overweight....cannot lose to save me. Maybe I should check this out!
Joanie

dreis1
07-11-2007, 03:19 PM
Christie003, I take both of mine in the morning.

Update on my weight loss. Since I first posted this, I have lost 2 more lbs. That makes total of 5 1/2 lbs since starting the cinnamon pills the first of June. I can't begin to tell you how happy that makes me. Yes.

Nadine, have you found the pills yet? Try the drug store, or a health food store. Glinda

3darlings
07-11-2007, 03:49 PM
I have been taking them too! For about 3 weeks now. I have lost 4 pounds. It is almost like they have curved my appetite. I have also cut out all soda and am drinking water. It is a good thing!!!!

dreis1
07-11-2007, 04:21 PM
WooHoo Michelle. Good for you. Glinda

workin4stamps
07-11-2007, 04:42 PM
I just ordered some from Puritan's Pride for DH and I. They are on sale for 70% off. I think I ordered a lifetime supply for about $12. LOL. Shipping is free for orders over $25, but I din't have that big of an order, so I paid $3.95 for shipping--which isn't too bad.

So I think we'll give it a try!!!

Here's the link if anyone wants it.....

http://www.puritansale.com/pages/file.asp?xs=672D9BEA58B5432A94BE933D5898EC80&PID=5353&CID=&CPID=8074

Traci

3darlings
07-11-2007, 05:38 PM
Hey, thanks, I just ordered 10 bottles, and 4 bottles of Pre-natal vitamins! All for the low, low price of $25.82, including shipping!!! Whoo-hoo.

dreis1
07-11-2007, 06:42 PM
Michelle, the web site that workin4stamps posted said to consult with your Dr. if you are pregnant or nursing. I wondered since you said you ordered pre-natal vitamins. Glinda

Nadine
07-12-2007, 12:39 AM
I haven't found them yet, but this week I'm in St. John's, NL on business and there are a few places around here to try. If I don't find them here I'll get them online though. Thanks for the link!

teabear
07-12-2007, 12:40 PM
Thanks for the great link Traci. Everything there is on sale. I ordered a years supply of cinnamon pills, vitamins and other goodies. Great website.

shuggy
07-12-2007, 01:02 PM
so do they have any negative effects that you've noticed?

3darlings
07-12-2007, 03:57 PM
No I am not pregnant, however, 2 years ago when I stopped nursing I also stopped the vitamins and I slowly got really thin hair and very dry hair & skin. I had a biopsy (spelling) on my head and everything. They said go back to the pre natal pills. Anytime you abruptly quit something, your body reacts. So.......that is why the vitamins. :)

dreis1
07-12-2007, 06:00 PM
I have had no side effects at all. Glinda

Himberly Hadson
06-05-2009, 02:43 PM
Cinnamon comes from medium-sized evergreen trees native to southeast Asia. Cinnamon is packaged in pill form, powder form, or oil in pill form and sold over the counter. Cinnamon pills acts in two very important ways. First, it helps to regulate blood sugar levels, great for staving off hunger pangs and reducing your body's fat storage.

Nancy
06-05-2009, 03:03 PM
Oh boy I'll never get that Visa bill paid off- so what else is new. I'll let you know if it works. My insurance doesnt cover Cardio Rehab, medicare pays part - isn't that a blast. So I'll try this to lose some weight. - Nancy

mjbonoan
06-05-2009, 03:09 PM
I wonder if these would help me now that I've had the weightloss surgery?

Christie
06-05-2009, 03:58 PM
I talked to Nathan's doctor about these pills and he really didn't believe they would help in weight loss. He did say there isn't any harm in taking them but not to expect miracles!

allinkdup
06-05-2009, 05:09 PM
funny that you guys are talking about these supps. We just noticed these at Walmart last week. Hubby noticed them in the aisle by the BP machine.

Nancy
06-05-2009, 05:10 PM
I forgot to ask Would Rot Hots, you know those cinnamon hearts, I have them in the cupboard now. - nancy

Paula Carden
06-05-2009, 07:16 PM
Red Hots would have sugar and calories associated in them.

I could not believe my eyes when I saw this thread from 2007 started by our beloved friend Glinda.

ccstampin12
06-05-2009, 08:52 PM
I know!
I was pretty confused until I noticed the post dates!
I am interested in this cinnamon pill idea to lose some weight. If anyone has tried this please post and let us know what happened!
HUGS
Joanie

loon218
06-06-2009, 12:03 AM
Can't believe the postings on this. I was out of town at Sam's today and saw them in a big bottle, read what it said and in the cart they went. I am a type 1 diabetic and need to lose some pounds so I'm hoping these will help. I took my first two today, so will give it a week and report back...good luck to everyone on them.....and thanks for sharing your stories.

scrappinnuts
06-06-2009, 12:57 AM
I use Cinnamon everyday... 1000 mg... I intially lost over 30 pounds...and lowered my blood sugar.. (not a diabetic, but have major concerns and strong family history of it) When I first went to my Dr he said you can take the cinnamon, but it won't do anything for weight loss. Well I went back to him a few months later and he couldn't believe that I had lost so much weight by taking the cinnamon. The reason it workes for me is that I take it everyday...and it helps curb my sugar and starch cravings...alot! So My portions are smaller and I am not eating the sweets like I was...plain and simple. When you buy Cinnamon...make sure it is very pure and not a lot of fillers in it. I used to buy it at Cosco, but they stopped carrying it for a while...but I noticed it is coming back in a better form...so I will be buying it from them again. Goodluck.

midnitecreations
06-06-2009, 08:07 AM
Terry, were you taking the pills once a day or more often?

scrappinnuts
06-06-2009, 11:05 AM
Terry, were you taking the pills once a day or more often?

In the Am only...

swapin cards
06-08-2009, 12:56 PM
My husband is a diabetic and heart patient. Several of the doctors recomended cinnamon including several cardiologists. He buys it in bulk as a powder and uses it on things like his morning cereal.
Good luck. I hope it helps you. Mary

scrappingaround
06-23-2009, 01:38 AM
I'm sure you ladies are all aware of this, but just want to add a friendly reminder to be sure you bring any type of supplements to your doctors attention. I am doubtful that these cinnamon pills interact with any prescribed medications, but I am not a doctor, and cinnamon pills was not on our herbal study guide.

Always better to err on the safe side.

Good luck to all who are attempting to make some changes with your weight.

TiikkiStars
06-23-2009, 12:28 PM
I did some research on it when I first saw this thread a few weeks ago and while it kept saying it had little side effects, it did stress that the cinnamon in the U.S. is usually cassia, which has a large percentage of "X" (I cannot remember off hand the name), which can cause liver damage. However, real cinnamon, Asian cinnamon (I think from Sri Lanka???) has an extremely lower percentage of "X" and does not do the damage that the other one does. I just googled it and spent a little bit of time reading.

:> Karen

MnMommy2
06-23-2009, 05:19 PM
are these cinnamon pills like horse pill size? lol.
I am a big wimp and cant swallow large pills, haha. I have enough trouble finding small womens vitamins to take.
Good luck all!

ccstampin12
06-23-2009, 10:42 PM
Mine are the size of a regular capsule....a clear capsule with cinnamon in it.
I also use Viactive multi-vitamins....they are a chewy little 'candy' that you don't swallow, but you chew like a piece of candy...yummy!
LOL
Joanie

MnMommy2
06-28-2009, 07:53 PM
ok, i picked up a bottle at Sam's today, we'll see if it works for me!