PDA

View Full Version : My Mom...

shurlyjean
06-20-2007, 07:37 PM
We have our fair days and our not-so fair days..... Overall things are somewhat routine. She has been helping around the house, but doesn't talk to hubby..... has given the silent treatment because he sort-of overstepped his bounds with comments.... Come on, Daddy passed away only 2 months ago.... So he had a heart to heart with her today..... She hasn't said a thing to me.

I don't know what the future holds, but I want people to be happy and cordial.

She is staying with my aunt for 10 days, hopefully things will somewhat sort out.

It's been strange, but I just keep doing.

Shirley

pesc
06-20-2007, 08:10 PM
Shirley,
I just hope that everything will be settle soon for you and your family. I wish you all to have a good relationship that everyone will enjoy pretty soon. I'll think of you all. Keep going, it will become better soon.
Pascale

Fief14
06-20-2007, 08:28 PM
Sorry this whole thing has put you in the middle. I know it must be hard to choose between your dh or your mom. How did DH say the Heart to heart went? Maybe your mom just needs a little time to process what was said today & the time with your aunt with help give everyone some space. Keep us posted...be thinking of you.

mjbonoan
06-21-2007, 01:12 AM
Having gone through a situation somewhat similar to yours when dad died 10 years ago, I can totally relate. All I can say is that it's hard to deal with. We all deal differently with grief, and it's hard to have to be the strong one and the one to carry the load. My dh was very understanding and still is to this date, he's the driver, errand runner, handyman, etc... Mom retired from her job of over 30 years in December, my brother is moving 200 miles away... Guess who's taking care of mom... Yup... that'll be me!!!

ccstampin12
06-21-2007, 07:52 AM
My heart goes out to you all.
Hoping your Mom will be able to adjust to her loss.
HUGS
Joanie

scrappinnuts
06-21-2007, 09:36 AM
Shirley..you are doing such a great job...My prayers and thoughts are with you.

cindi
06-21-2007, 10:51 AM
what a difficult positon you are in.
I hope things get better really soon.
:)