PDA

View Full Version : getting a doggie tomorrow!!

shuggy
06-21-2007, 01:23 AM
sort of!! here's the story (it's longish!) i work with this lady that has three dogs, and a bunch of other animals...she's an animal lover and can't say no. anyway, she's had her three dogs for about a year now all together. she had one dog, got another dog 2 1/2 years ago, then the third a year ago. anyway, all was well until one of them started being super aggressive toward the other two a few months ago. so she's had some people help with trying to get the dogs to work things out (behavior type stuff) and it just isn't working. well, the other day i guess two of them got in a nasty fight and one ended up with a nasty cut, one lost a tooth, anyway, it was ugly. so she's decided she needs to part with one of her babies.

so she called me and asked if i had found a dog yet. she decided she was going to try and find a home for her best dog, since it would be easier to find a home for the well behaved dog versus the naughty dog. well, this is the dog she got 2 1/2 years ago and is practically her baby. she would rather find him a good home with someone she knows will take good care of him. so she called to see what i thought about taking tucker (how cute is that name!!). well, kerry isn't that keen on black labs (i don't know why, they are about the cutest dogs next to yellow labs!). so i asked cindi if we could maybe have tucker visit for a few days and see how kerry does with him (i know he will fall in love as soon as he sees him!) and then we will decide if we can take him. so she is bringing him over tomorrow night for a few days. tucker is already housebroken, and used to cindi's schedule of 13 hour shifts (same as mine) and does fine in his kennel while she's at work. it's like a perfect situation. you would never find a dog like that at the humane society where you know his background and how he behaves. i just hope that kerry will see how good of a dog tucker is. he has never had an inside dog and thinks that all dogs should stay outside. so it may be a long few days or a great few days!

wish us luck!!

mahodgman
06-21-2007, 08:55 AM
Good luck, I hope all goes well so Tucker can come and live with you! Labs are great dogs!

GrammaStamper
06-21-2007, 09:01 AM
I can understand Kerry's not wanting a black dog. I am the same and it's because you can't see their eyes. I find it intimidating. When I told my family we could get a dog, I said it had to be white, standard poodle, and free. About two weeks later my brother called, said they were moving into a townhouse and didn't have room for Jiggs and did we want him? He fit the description so we had Jiggs for a number of years.
Anyway, Angie, I hope it all works out for you, but ask Kerry if it's becasue of the eyes?

ellie
06-21-2007, 09:55 AM
As the owner of a lab, I can't imagine him not falling in love with him. Labs are such people dogs. I hope it all works out for you.

JBgreendawn
06-21-2007, 10:09 AM
well,
we have a black lab (Storm who is an 6 month old today) and he is just a doll, every single black lab we have had (the ones we had when i was a teenager and the one we just lost not too long ago) are all very well behaved. they are breed for temperament mostly and they are all just very very loving dogs. (oh and all of ours are housebroken in the house dogs) but, we are able to take them to work with us, I have a dog bed next to my main desk in my office.
I think Terry is gonna fall very fast. and so are you.
but, then i am fairly opinionated about that one... :)

jewele803
06-21-2007, 10:21 AM
I have 2 black labs, so I'm extremely prejudice...I think there is no way that he will not love Tucker! Also, you absolutely cannot go wrong w/ a dog that is already trained...we have been really lucky that way too. One doggie from the pound and we also took my sister's dog...both worked out great!

prdesigns
06-21-2007, 10:28 AM
Wishing you the best! Our dog Cooper is a mix of lab and terrior and something else.... he's black and we love him. He just turned two and everybody who meets him, thinks he's a puppy. He's smallish, but bouncy and happy and loves life. I love dogs!!

iloveflipflops
06-21-2007, 10:31 AM
How can Kerry not love him?!?!??!??!?! :)

workin4stamps
06-21-2007, 11:51 AM
I'm partial to Labs myself (of course!)---- they're spectacular! Very full of energy, but very loyal and loving. Colby is SOOO much fun. I hope Tucker and Kerry get along well!!

:-)
Traci

shuggy
06-21-2007, 04:57 PM
oh my gosh...i'm so excited i can't stand it!! i'm trying to not be because i don't want to be heartbroken if we can't keep him!!! he's coming in 3 1/2 hours!!!