PDA

View Full Version : Poor Stephen AGAIN

Erin K
06-21-2007, 12:23 PM
Now he's constipated. :( It's sooo painful you can tell. the Dr told me to get this probiotic stuff which he took and prune juice which he WILL NOT drink. I even added some water to make it less grainy but no luck. Ethan on the other hand will drink as much as I will let him, course Ethan is not consipated so I don't want him drinking too much!

:no2:

Poor my baby! I may just have to drag him into the Dr's office, I mean he's in a lot of pain. he screams, "mommy pee hurts help me" and I can't help him at all, then the cramping passes and he's ok, normal stephen for a while, then it comes back. :(

any tricks guys?

Christie
06-21-2007, 12:25 PM
You should go and buy him an enimma(not sure on the spelling). That should help him without you haveing to take him to the doctor.

Erin K
06-21-2007, 12:27 PM
how exactly do I do an enima with an unwilling toddler? I am willing, i just need precise instructions.

lisaguyon
06-21-2007, 12:31 PM
Try some glycerine suppositories (sp) they are easier on him than an enema. You can get them at any drugstore and they are made for babies so they are small.

Erin K
06-21-2007, 12:53 PM
well liar liar pants on fire Erin

I told him the juice was medicine, he drank about 3 oz that way. then I put some in the freezer, I'm gonna tell him it's a slushy when it gets slushy.

He hasn't had the pain sense taking the other medicine so I'm gonna wait on shoving stuff in his butt until he gets the cramps again.

He goes down for his nap really soon, if he sleeps through I'll miss my chance to make a Dr appt today but I don't want to keep him up ya know? So maybe tomorrow morning.

Erin K
06-21-2007, 12:53 PM
ps he just came up and I asked, "how you feeling" and he said, "I'm happy" so that made me feel better.

Erin K
06-21-2007, 01:15 PM
he got sick again but this time passed a large amount of stuff so cross your fingers that things will be moving again.

I'm letting him lay on the couch for nap because I want to keep an eye on how things go.

Poor guy.

Caboverde1
06-21-2007, 01:20 PM
The suppositories DEFINATELY work... I swear by them...Im sorry hes so miserable...

ellie
06-21-2007, 01:32 PM
Poor little kid...I hope things will be ok...how is his leg?

Erin K
06-21-2007, 01:34 PM
OH the leg. I did draw the circle like Angie said and it's definately getting smaller, but even better it's just less inflames overall, it's only slightly discolored now. there are still the little dots that are the actual bites I think but the whole thing including those looks a lot less severe. He insists it does not itch or hurt and he will ususally tell me if stuff does so I am believeing him that it's fine. Also it was a little hot to the touch a few days back but now it's totally cool to the touch, it looks a tiny bit bruised but otherwise nothing seems wrong.

stampcrazyjulie
06-21-2007, 01:44 PM
This is a constant in my House, Erin. Have you tried Constulose/Enulose or Miralax? The Miralax is the white grainy stuff, and is usually easy to dissolve....the other is just a liquid. Sometimes it can take several days for it to work though. All we have to say is "Enema" around my House and Jack is like "No, I go, I go!" :) Enema's are really easy....go to change his diaper....place him on a towel.....lift him up & insert the enema & squeeze really quick....then let him lay still for maybe 30 seconds & RUN for the toilet.... :)

Our Pediatrician said that they are safe to use. We have used the suppositories, but they keep getting squeezed back out....unmelted.....

Good Luck! :)

Caboverde1
06-21-2007, 01:45 PM
you know ive been a bit of a soch...what happened to Stephens leg??

Erin K
06-21-2007, 01:47 PM
you know ive been a bit of a soch...what happened to Stephens leg??

had a bite that got to looking nasty but he never complained about it or anything. We all figured it was infected or something. Angie had me draw a circle around it so I can tell if it was getting smaller or larger, it's definatly clearing up though.

it's literally one thing after the next here.

Caboverde1
06-21-2007, 02:15 PM
I went and looked for the post...poor baby! So you dont feel like the lone ranger...Jourdan is ALWAYS sick with some, or getting bit by something...soooo...this to shall pass! MISS YOU!

TOnii

Erin K
06-21-2007, 02:26 PM
he's still feeling better, he told me he wanted to nap in his bed though so I put him in there. now he wants out of course, but I'm gonna make him stay in.

ellie
06-21-2007, 04:40 PM
I am glad to hear it is looking better (the leg). Do you have biting spiders there? We have the Brown Recluse...it actually bites and then your skin kinda disolves...you have to go on anti-biotics....that really creeps me out! The only thing we had in New England was the black widow and in the 43 years I lived there, I never saw even one. We didn't have these things and stuff like chiggers...gross.

Erin K
06-21-2007, 05:12 PM
yea we have biting spiders. Whatever it is it's almost gone. He's alseep! hurray.

shuggy
06-21-2007, 05:51 PM
i'm glad his leg is better. i would still watch it.

try the glycerin suppositories...can you believe in 4 years as a nurse i've never had to give an enema? i don't even know how!!!

Christie
06-21-2007, 06:04 PM
Try some glycerine suppositories (sp) they are easier on him than an enema. You can get them at any drugstore and they are made for babies so they are small.

This is what I meant. I coudln't think of suppositories earlier.:huh: I'm glad he seems to be doing better now.

Erin K
06-21-2007, 07:04 PM
he's doing fine still.

I'm all decked out for my big date.