PDA

View Full Version : Alcohol ink question

nicolette
11-13-2006, 08:01 PM
Okay, I know how to use the twinkling H2O's and they are on my to get list with the prisma colored pencils. So who can tell me how to use alcohol inks? I sure appreciate all the help! Are there any other new products out there that I should know about?? *L*

thanks,
Nicole

laos348
11-13-2006, 08:07 PM
I use the alcohol inks to create backgrounds. I get some glossy paper, then put some ink on a cotton ball OR what I did, put some velcro on a small wood block and then go buy felt in the kids craft department, cut into small pieces that fit on the block and it sticks great to the velcro - put a few drops of ink on the felt and start pouncing on your cardstock. I like using the wood block instead of the cotton ball because it keeps my fingers a bit cleaner.

They also look great on domino's for a background and didn't someone just post examples of alcohol ink on the glass ornaments? That looked really neat.

Sometimes I put some alcohol (91%) on the felt, add a few drops of regular reinker and I've made my own version of alcohol ink.

Laura

dgbearsmom
11-13-2006, 08:07 PM
And I went out and bought 15 bottles! So far I have just used them on dominoes and glossy cardstock to make kind of marbly backgrounds. I did not buy the special felt pads - I just used regular white craft felt and it worked fine. I know there are a lot more things you can do with it, so I hope some others will respond. It looks really cool.

Judy

lost luggage
11-13-2006, 08:32 PM
I recently made some cards with Ai inks....you can find them in my gallery on this website. :)

I LOVE them...I think someone posted a video web class on how to use them.. I was trying to sign up for a class at a local LSS...it is full, but I am going to check back to see if anyone drops before the class date.

Christie
11-13-2006, 09:30 PM
http://stamp-shack.com/forum/showthread.php?t=712&referrerid=176

This is a thread that was posted a few days ago. It has a video you can watch that helps you with alcohol inks.